How To - Tips > Glass

Door window regulator options.

(1/3) > >>

Neils88:
I'm using the Grand Prix regulators for my Aventador build (same window curvature as oem). I was able to cut the tracks down. I opted not to try to shorten the cable though. Instead, I just moved the removed piece to after the track wheel. The cable stays the same length that way.  Perhaps not the best method... but it worked well so I'll stick with it.

Edit... the first pic was the unmodified passenger side window and the second pic is the modified drivers side window... before anyone asks why the cable seems to have jumped... ::toothy

Purple LP670 SV:
Thanks for the suggestions, I am currently exploring using these Chrysler town and country regulators as an option. They are dimensionally way off, almost twice as tall as OEM they do somewhat resemble the factory elevators but the plan is to cut them down and redo the cables. If all else fails I'll turn to the Maxima regulators.

Simple Man:

--- Quote from: lambocars on April 23, 2019, 07:46:37 AM ---Simpleman ,not recibe any mail...you need aply grease after install.

--- End quote ---

Jose, before  I abandoned your product, I explored all possible solutions.  Grease was one of those, however it did not resolve the problem.

Sorry you didn’t receive my email. 

What do propose to address your products  deficiencies ?

Footcutter:
Weird.  A used Aventador latch was $60.  I got 2.  The emergency release is only $365.  Strange how some things are dirt cheap (maybe Audi parts), and others are ridiculous.

01Lambiero:
You could purchase an OEM door latch for $1156.18.  (wouldn't you think that they could round the price to $1157?)

Tip: Use white grease on nylon moving parts of the regulators and use silicone paste in the glass channels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version