How To - Tips > Frame

My submerged 1988 Fiero GT/ input on my replacement donor Fiero.

<< < (2/2)

Blue knight:
To all who responded to my thread recently, I am profoundly grateful for the kind words of encouragement and your concern for our well being, as well as, the offers of assistance from complete strangers has been amazing. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I would like to report that progress in the rebuilding process is steadfast and I can honestly say that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

As I am trying to have a sense of normalcy, I heeded to your advice not to use the submerged Fiero that I lost and confirmed with pro shops in my area not use the vehicle as donor for obvious reasons. And so, I am looking at three Fieros:

First is a, 1987 Fiero gt with a 3.8l supercharged swap out of a Pontiac Grand Prix 10,000 on the motor.
The Engine
3.4 pulley
Cold intake
custom headers
Custom tune
315HP
320 torque

Fiero number2, is a 88 Pontiac fiero with a strong SBC 350.

ENGINE
350 4 bolt block
Aluminum heads with 64cc chambers and 210 runnners
Single plane Intake (the heads and intake were port matched and opened up to a 1206 felpro, just the machine work cost me $500 on top of the price of the heads and intake)
Hydraulic flat tappet cam with 488/510 lift 234/244 duration installed advanced 4 degrees with a double roller timing set
Holly 750 double pumper carb
1.6 full roller rockers
hardened push rods with correct length for valve train (+100)

TRANSMISSION
5 speed manual
SPEC stage 4 plus clutch rated for 600ft/lb $500
Aluminum flywheel $500

FIERO
Racing seats
Tires and wheels on the car now are 19" rears and 17" fronts the offset and tire size is a perfect
Scoop installed on the decklid to clear the intake
Aluminum 4 core radiation
Custom exhaust with headers and thrush welded mufflers (sounds amazing)
Ceramic pads and cross drilled and slotted rotors (rears still need to be installed)
Short throw shifter
new suspension up front

Third fiero is a 1988 GT model with stock trans and engine.

So please me help out with making the right choice. I have an idea which fiero I want for my Reventon build but I need some input from you guys. Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version