How To - Tips > Engine & Transmission

2020 M1L- C8 Corvette 8 Speed Transaxle

(1/3) > >>

aeauto:
Remember that this is a dual clutch transmission.  Quite a bit different from a conventional automatic so probably needs a substantially different program for the computer.

76mx:

--- Quote from: italianknightrider on August 15, 2019, 08:08:21 PM ---i understand,i remember PCS,many conversations,900 to start work,did-not, we went to Arkansas got what we needed for 475.00 ready to go.

--- End quote ---
Usually when I learn that I have approached something from the wrong direction, I am naturally disappointed, but in this case I am quite happy. Could I please get the contact info for the $475 Arkansas people?

eddie:
my wife 2017  Acura has 8 speed auto with paddle shift , lot new cars have similar transmissions, maybe due to 4 or 6 bangers with turbo.

italianknightrider:
i understand,i remember PCS,many conversations,900 to start work,did-not, we went to Arkansas got what we needed for 475.00 ready to go.

76mx:
I had a long conversation with the engineers at PCS (Powertrain Control Solutions) yesterday. The have well over half of the U.S. market for reprogramming and most of the other programmers are repackagers or private labels of them. They told me that they needed a market of at least 10,000 units before they will get interested in it, and to put that in perspective, the new eight speed in the F-150 has been out for three years and still the interest has not approached that number. If in the next years that market number is ever achieved, it will be at least another year to develop the product, putting it many years out at the soonest. I asked them about an independent hacker doing this and they told me maybe but not likely. GM goes to a great deal of effort to keep this from happening and that hacker would need very deep pockets because at least a dozen units will be fried before getting it right. I also confirmed that transplanting the entire drivetrain of engine, transaxle, and computer will not work either. That computer needs to know that the doors are locked and the gas cap is tight among hundreds of other things before it will start the car. It will still need to be reprogrammed and everything stated above about the market share, time, expense, and fried units applies to this as well.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version