The Forum > New Member Introductions & Bio's

Update...and advice needed.

(1/1)

Neils88:
Have you checked on PFF? There are a few people who have developed some big brake kits that may be much more cost effective for you. Look up Fieroguru and see if he finished the 12.75" kit he was working on for the 84-87 Fieros.  You'll definitely want to get the largest you can afford... small brakes just don't look right on a Lamborghini.  (Obviously rim size dictates what will fit)

Ravenarts:
Thanks for the input. I know it's probably cheaper piecing the brake upgrade together myself but I've been looking at complete upgrade kits to minimize my downtime. I was going to buy the 11.25" upgrade from V8 Archie for around $1500. but he's currently out of stock.  That's pretty much the price range that I have budgeted.  West Coast Fiero has the 12" Corvette upgrade for $1784.  I may bite the bullet and go that route if I don't find a better deal.

Neils88:
With respect to brakes... what's your budget and how big do you want them?

Neils88:
Nice looking Murcielago!

What should be done depends on what has already been done to the Murcielago. If it is using a stock 85 cradle and suspension then do a straight swap of the 3800 using the donor 85.  Ignore the 88 for now.  Get the engine up and running...THEN decide what you want to do with the suspension, etc.  If the Murcielago has custom/ modified suspension already, then that may change the best plan. Let us know what is there. 

It's usually best to do things in small steps. Don't overextend your abilities.

Ravenarts:
After so much searching, I bought a nice Murcielago replica built on an '85 Fiero GT.  Well...it looks great and is nicely built but it's slow...I mean SLOW! And the spongy handling definitely needs attention...oh, and the tiny brakes need to be upgraded.  I bought a nice '85 Fiero with a great running 3800 SC for an engine swap, also a thrashed but running '88 fiero with the idea of modifying my Murci to accept the better cradle.  At this point I seriously need some advice from the pros.  Should I worry with modifying my donor car and swapping the cradle or just rebuild the '85 cradle and suspension?  Also, what is the best brake upgrade for the money?  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version