How To - Tips > Engine & Transmission

BMW v12 and Audi Transaxle??? in D&R replica on Mustie1 Youtube channel

(1/2) > >>

aeauto:
If that is a 924 transmission he is going to have problems getting it to work as that transmission doesn't have provisions for a clutch and no pilot bearing on the end of the input shaft.

99svmonterey:
I second that. Hours pass more like seconds when you are custom building anything. People who aren't hands on simply can't grasp the time required with little or no visible results.

Jets303:

--- Quote from: RT on October 20, 2019, 09:40:12 AM ---88.5countach...
I was going to reply to that youtube video but I started reading the comments by all the trolls and couldn't take it any more!
There are guys who don't know ANYTHING about our type of builds telling him to take out the BMW V12 and put in a VW engine and be driving this weekend!
If I posted anything to that video it would be lost in all the trash talk.
He has a fantastic start to a great build and doesn't know what he has.
Kinda makes you want to cry.
If there was a way to get him this site and talk with this group, he might want to take this seriously.

RT

--- End quote ---

I couldn't agree more. Having done both the V12 build from scratch and the VW (audi) build, there is absolutely nothing easy about either one! And no, you wont have it running in a weekend, it took me a month on wiring and motor mounts for the 4.2l. People who aren't in the custom car scene just don't know.

01Lambiero:

--- Quote from: 88.5countach on October 21, 2019, 03:24:41 PM ---Agree anyone recognize the build?

He will likely flip this once he understands what he has.  Be a good project for someone. 

--- End quote ---

I agree with 88.5.  It appears to be well constructed with many hurdles to leap.  He has an incomplete engine (parts to complete might be in a box) and the build stopped when he required a custom flywheel.  How many pieces are still missing?  Unknown (interior, gages, lighting, etc.)  Unpainted chassis tells me he is approximately around 50% done?  $20K+?

88.5countach:
Agree anyone recognize the build?

He will likely flip this once he understands what he has.  Be a good project for someone. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version