How To - Tips > Engine & Transmission

Engine Identify?

(1/2) > >>

01Lambiero:
Your "trusted friend" should have gotten the vin when he purchased the engine.  It would have helped? you with your inquiry.  If you had cross referenced parts for the 3.8L SC on Rock Auto you would have found that pistons, rings, rod brgs., long block, and crankshaft ALL FIT THE ENGINE from 1997-2007.  Also the long block and the crankshaft fit 1997-2007 and the O/H gasket set and the camshaft fit the 2000-2003.  Supercharger: 1998-2003.  There are two places on the block that may/maynot have some numbers on the block but it is a 3.8L S/C  built prior to 2004. see article below.

Ccemn1:
I'd trust the seller of this car with my life, but I'm beginning to wonder if this motor either had a different blower put on it, or the mechanic sold this guy a bill of goods, claiming this was from an '07, low mileage Gran Prix?
Where are the engine numbers on these 3.8's? Maybe I can run them with GM to try and figure out what motor this is.

Simple Man:
The REDO's 98 Series II

Ccemn1:
This appears most like the Photo of the '99, as there seems to be almost no valley, or crease between the two rotors.
The guy I'm buying the car from I trust implicitly. He claimed the motor came from a low mileage '07 Gran Prix, but I'm wondering if someone sold him a bill of goods?

eddie:
this is 99 S/c can you tell difference ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version