Build Diaries > Diablo

Weight of finished NAERC Diablo

(1/2) > >>

Yellambo:
Thanks Dale and fellow members for your input.
 Brief detail for the finished weight requirements . It relates to the use of C5 aluminium  front suspension spindles loaded through the upper ball joint and A arm in the NAERC design. The finished car weight was required for calculations to prove the aluminium spindle fit for purpose. Long story short we have relocated the shock absorber to the lower A arm our chassis is finally  approved I can now progress the  body installation.

lambobuilder:
I understand the options for getting the car weighed but the chassis has to be certified before the body can be mounted. Kind of a catch 22. That's why he is asking for the weight to complete certification process.

CCIE:
Dale, I have a NAERC Chaise base 60 with a 3800SC and Audi Trans... I thought I had the weight but still looking. I can get it weighted but cant do it for next few weeks until the lock-down is lifted. Let you know mid may

CCIE

eddie:
  or on Trucks scale on freeways ,

01Lambiero:
Dale: Tell him/her to locate a speed shop, chassis shop, or circle track racer in NZ, take the car and have it put on a set of wheel scales.  This will give the weight of all four corners.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version