Build Diaries > Diablo

Practicality of V-12 engine cover?

<< < (2/3) > >>

RT:
ronlamborghini...
Of course you don't NEED a motorized engine cover.  I even said that.  But if you do put the cover on a hinge with a simple latch to secure it, all you have to do is release the latch and swing the cover open.  2 seconds!  And no loose parts to manhandle out of your engine bay.
I don't want to get into a bitching war with you or anybody.  This is a forum for builders.  ALL ideas are worth exchanging.  If you want to explain how you expect your engine cover to be used, just say so.  That does not make other ways "weird"  or needless.
Maybe for $1700 you should make yours supplied with a hinge.  (Just a suggestion.)

RT

ronlamborghini:
v12 kit

ronlamborghini:
the v 12 cover kit to remove it to gain access to your motor takes 4 minutes, 2 screws hold down the center firing order cover, 2 more screws to hold the v12 plenum, 2 hoses pull them, off, 4 minutes , depending how fast you turn the screw driver, and thats it! you dont need motorizing or any weird things, just a phillips screwdriver...my kit like on the pics is now $1700  USD packaged and shipped to your door, inflation has caused my pricing to make parts gone up so i need to pass that nice pricing on, i have 1 kit now ready to go and its not advertised anywhere and i think thats it, for coupe or roadster,  thanks...

Ccemn1:

--- Quote from: RT on May 10, 2021, 10:08:02 AM ---If you are concerned about engine access with a V12 cover, check out my power-up cover.  I motorized the cover to lift for access to the engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lub8u3PIRVc
The engine cover operation shows best starting at 12:30 in video.
If you decide to do that, I can provide advice.  BTW, you don't have to motorize, you can just hinge and use a gas strut or prop bar to hold cover open.
Absolutely beautiful car! Thank you.

RT

--- End quote ---

RT:
If you are concerned about engine access with a V12 cover, check out my power-up cover.  I motorized the cover to lift for access to the engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lub8u3PIRVc
The engine cover operation shows best starting at 12:30 in video.
If you decide to do that, I can provide advice.  BTW, you don't have to motorize, you can just hinge and use a gas strut or prop bar to hold cover open.

RT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version