Build Diaries > Murcielago

Murcialago Newbie Needs Help!

(1/3) > >>

Jets303:
Welcome to the club bud! I could help you with the doors if you felt like bringing me your car (Colorado). I have made a set of functional doors for my murc replica back in 2014 (ish). I just finished building a working window on my Aventador and let me tell you, the murc door is breeze compared to this door! My car is going to the body shop for a month and half so I'll have some time.

Do you have door glass already?

To build functional motorized windows, door tracks, door latches, re-fiberglassed and bodyworked etc. You would be around $2,500 per door.

Assuming your hinge and interior frame work are good.

italianknightrider:
welcome to the forum ,it appears some great advise has been given already. battery first, a/c next ,windows will require major door surgery to complete.   

01Lambiero:
This plan is probably a workable solution at present (but definitely NOT THE BEST IN MY OPINION).
Are you married?  Do you have a mortgage on your house?  Are your credit cards maxed out?
Hire a lawyer, divorce, find a young very knowledgeable mechanic who has a finished Lambo replica, marry his sister, rob a bank.  When you get out of prison, your Murcie should be done but at that age you may not be able to get into the driver's seat ;-)

Neils88:
I would recommend you checking out the guys at PFF, Pennock's Fiero Forum. There may be a few Fiero guys in your area who could help you with some of the drivabilty issues. At heart, your car is still a Fiero. Remember to just deal with one issue at a time.

CCIE:
Welcome to the club!!!
If you cannot do it yourself you will wind up getting screwed, trust me man... been there done that!!!! Tis is the world we live in
Replicas are filled with empty promises and lots of headaches and pain... I have several....   Google and the replica brothers on the build forums are your best friend.

"Of course I dont want to spend an arm and a leg, but I really really want to bring the car up to a level that i can drive it"
By the way you are correct it won't cost you "an arm and a leg" It will cost you both arm, both legs both eyes and your first born. Get ready for the shock!!!!! every mechanic will see this project as there sugar daddy uhmmm livelihood, uhmmm LAMBORGHINI uhmmm "a restoration project" so get ready to pay out ya ARS.......
simple thing as AC clutch replacement will cost ya because "its all custom" Hopefully you can find someone with some integrate that can work on it without looking at it as there retirement.
I wish you the best in finding your unicorn!!!!! Don't get me wrong they are out there but almost impossible to find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version