Author Topic: LamboJayso's OEM Murcielago Build!  (Read 69574 times)

apsara

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 32
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-1
Re: LamboJayso's OEM Murcielago Build!
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2013, 09:45:47 AM »
Are you going to be using guide tracks for the glass? in its currently state does it wobble when it goes up and down?

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2013, 07:07:31 AM »
Nice work man!
How long exactly is the entire "side mirror unit" you have on?

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »
It's looking good Jay.   ::headbang

Chris

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2013, 10:38:57 PM »
Yea, this side really shaped up well. I took whatever lessons learned from the passenger side and applied it to this side. I'm using window regulators from a '97 Nissan Maxima off the rear doors. The length of the regulator track matches up perfectly.
-Jayso

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2013, 10:31:29 PM »
That's one of the cleanest installs I've seen bud, what elevator are you using?
Pedro

LamboJayso

« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2013, 10:14:09 PM »
& here's my driver side window mounted. Next is mounting the door handle then attaching it to the latch. Lastly, bonding the door skin on.

-Jayso

satinta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2013, 11:59:14 AM »
I like to use brown masking paper. The cheap kind you can get at Home Depot or Walmart.

You just unroll as much as you need and break out the crayons.  Also works well for copying decals, fender alignment and grille pattern just to name a few.

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2013, 09:34:06 PM »
MORE PHOTOS!! MORE UPDATE!

nobull, I havent forgotten about ya, I'll get that template if you still need me to, but the lambo was on the lift for the last few weeks (storage), and the weather was finally decent enough forcing me to get it down and drive it.  Its on the ground now, so I can do some tracing if you need me to.  I dont have a piece of paper big enough, so any suggestion would help, also, I know you named some other type product I should use, but I think thats something more 'normal' for you guys to know about, not something I would have any knowledge of.  (I think it was some type of material used for fiberglass parts?)

Thanks!

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the update on the template.   ::thumbup

I would tape a couple of sheets of paper together (typing paper is fine) so it's large enough to cover the top of the bat wing and then use a crayon to "rub" around the top of the wing so a dark line appears on the paper wherever the edge of the wing is.  Fold this up and send it to me and I'll transfer it to some cardboard and cut it out and this will provide a guideline for how big the top of the wing is and how the shape is different than a coupes wing (which I have and need to convert).  The part number for the connector (pigtail) that goes to the 3rd brake light on the roadster would also be appreciated.  I've searched for months on a cross reference part and I can't find anything.   ::scratch

Thanks again for helping us out and it's nice to see we have supportive  ::LAMBO2 owners on the site.

Chris

jonv8944s

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2013, 09:12:46 PM »
MORE PHOTOS!! MORE UPDATE!

nobull, I havent forgotten about ya, I'll get that template if you still need me to, but the lambo was on the lift for the last few weeks (storage), and the weather was finally decent enough forcing me to get it down and drive it.  Its on the ground now, so I can do some tracing if you need me to.  I dont have a piece of paper big enough, so any suggestion would help, also, I know you named some other type product I should use, but I think thats something more 'normal' for you guys to know about, not something I would have any knowledge of.  (I think it was some type of material used for fiberglass parts?)

Thanks!

Jon

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »
we would like to know how the G28 ROADSTER com pair to the OEM and what changes were made to the G28 to make it different ,nothing negative sir ,just trying to gain some  insight on what Steve done on the very first G28 Roadster engine cover , we all know there s some fitment issues with it. I did not mean for this to come at you in a negative way ,no disrespect meant ,yours also have a finished underside.

IKR, since I have both a OEM splashed panel and a panel that came with the G28L, I can tell you that the differences are either not noticeable or Steve used an OEM panel and splashed the upper panel (putting my money on this).  From what I can tell, Steve used a OEM front and rear bumper, OEM muffler cover and a OEM engine cover and he hand made everything else so it fit around a Fiero donor.  The rockers, fenders, doors, quarters, hood, windshield pillars, roadster headrests and bat wings are all unique to the G28.  I can set my inner engine cover panel on the car and it fits the head rests really well and it'll be the bat wings and quarter panels that I'll need to put the hours into.

Pictures posted in my build diary - http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=235.0

Chris
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 04:17:36 PM by No Bull »

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2013, 11:43:52 AM »
we would like to know how the G28 ROADSTER com pair to the OEM and what changes were made to the G28 to make it different ,nothing negative sir ,just trying to gain some  insight on what Steve done on the very first G28 Roadster engine cover , we all know there s some fitment issues with it. I did not mean for this to come at you in a negative way ,no disrespect meant ,yours also have a finished underside . 
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

LamboJayso

« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2013, 11:25:47 AM »
IKR what are you trying to point out?
-Jayso

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2013, 07:34:16 AM »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2013, 02:19:42 AM »
Yea, it should be interesting to see how everything falls into place for me. Any clue when you'll resume building?

The winter months basically stop all the work around here due to the shop I'm currently in being unheated.  I'm closing on another house at the end of this month that sits on an acre and has a 35' x 40' shop that I'll be moving my stuff into.  This shop is finished with an office area and concrete floors so I'll be setting it up with AC / Heat, 220v outlets and a nice lift.  This might slow me down a little this summer however I'll finally have a place that's clean and heated so I can work on my car all year round.  For now, I continue to collect all the bit's and pieces and I've been trying to knock some of the sub components out like electrical, gauges, side folding mirrors and headlights.  There is really no rush on my side other than the occasional dream to actually be driving it.

Chris

LamboJayso

« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2013, 02:05:38 AM »
Yea, it should be interesting to see how everything falls into place for me. Any clue when you'll resume building?
-Jayso