Author Topic: LamboJayso's OEM Murcielago Build!  (Read 70878 times)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
Re: LamboJayso's OEM Murcielago Build!
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2013, 07:44:35 PM »
Ok, I narrowed down the windshields between a 1997 Nissan Altima & a 2001 Nissan Sentra. Both windshields match up in shape pretty well to the template.

Autopro, the only problem I see on both windshields are the center length. Measuring from the center top of the windshield to the center bottom, it isn't as long as OEM. But with glass it's better to be short and make a filler panel or use a body molding to close the gap, than the windshield be too wide or too long.

Thanks for the info Jay!  We have plenty of those cars around here and those windshields are really cheap.  The filler panel is a good idea I will have to check that out once you put your windshield on.  I did get a quote for having one made for $750.00 here in Tijuana but if I can find a good alternative I will go with that.

Did you decide on which one you are going to use?  I really want to see your car with a windshield on it, it just changes the whole look of the car in my opinion. 
Pedro

apsara

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 32
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-1
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2013, 04:48:52 PM »
try a camero windshield seems long enough

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2013, 04:30:15 PM »
Ok, I narrowed down the windshields between a 1997 Nissan Altima & a 2001 Nissan Sentra. Both windshields match up in shape pretty well to the template.

'97 Nissan Altima

'01 Nissan Sentra

Autopro, the only problem I see on both windshields are the center length. Measuring from the center top of the windshield to the center bottom, it isn't as long as OEM. But with glass it's better to be short and make a filler panel or use a body molding to close the gap, than the windshield be too wide or too long.
-Jayso

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2013, 01:00:21 PM »
Thanks 'No Bull'  I actually agree with you, I am not the elitest type that things the original design cant be improved.  Hell I like the 670 SV look better then my 'regular murci' look, I would entertain the fiberglass/carbon fiber option of a replica 670 front end on my murci, but with it costing 15k, I dont like it THAT much :).  But yes, I have NO problem with better made after market parts that improve the car.

Life is meant to be fun, do your part to make it that way for you. Enjoy life, whatever that means to you!

i agree with both of you ,take what you have and make the best of it.
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2013, 11:25:30 AM »
lol I'd drive it
as long as it's an SV
matte Violet is awesome, and turquoise. Colors that I think only the sv can pull off.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:29:00 AM by Tᴀʟʟᴏɴ »

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2013, 11:01:47 AM »
oh or this one?

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2013, 11:00:32 AM »
first link - love it, my dream car (any color)
Any color?  ::toothy

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2013, 09:30:06 PM »
first link - love it, my dream car (any color)

jonv8944s

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2013, 07:59:58 PM »

jonv8944s

« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2013, 07:34:49 PM »
I can only assist you with LP640 parts. They sell a bunch of look-alike front SV bumpers on ebay but yeah shoot me that place and I'll let you know if I know anything about them.

What I was saying is that you were right, SP Tuning is the only people I knew about that had a Lp670 front facia.  I dont need or want all the other parts, I just want the front facia and the rear spoiler I posted above.  If I had those, I would consider my car 'complete'  I maybe black out the rear tail lights, but thats it.

jonv8944s

« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2013, 07:32:58 PM »
veilside/premier makes this rear spoiler wing, this is the ONLY one I like for the rear of the murci:  (Anyone know where I can still get it?  They stopped making it)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 07:40:06 PM by jonv8944s »

LamboJayso

« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2013, 07:22:19 PM »
I can only assist you with LP640 parts. They sell a bunch of look-alike front SV bumpers on ebay but yeah shoot me that place and I'll let you know if I know anything about them.
-Jayso

jonv8944s

« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2013, 06:58:46 PM »
that would be the guys I am talking about :)

But i only want the front facia, the side and rear arent all that important to me, the ONLY other thing I would want is a rear spoiler, but there is a very specific one I want.  I'll see if I can find it, and you tell me if you know a good place to source it.

LamboJayso

« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2013, 06:35:45 PM »
Besides SP tuning I don't know of anyone with full (front bumer, rockers, scoops, trunk lid, rear bumper & wing) OEM dimension LP670 upgrades. Now there's FGP in Poland but from what I've heard and seen there parts aren't accurate especially the rear bumper/strut tower/wing.

SP tuning wants about $40k for their upgrades.
-Jayso

jonv8944s

« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2013, 06:17:50 PM »
Tallon nothing I ever say is a mistake. I guess what you said was a mistake though, probably why it got deleted. Can you, Tusabes, and SchulzeA do me favor and ignore me anytime you see me post anything new and I'll do the same. I'm entitled to my opinions and statements, if you have a disagreement with anything I say, PM me.

Jon your car looks good and you're fortunate enough to be able to afford one and that's all that matters. When you're ready to do the LP640 upgrades I'll be here to help you see that come to fruition.

Sorry for any part of the Drama I caused with my response, I think he actually just deleted it himself and I had already quoted it, and was creating my reply.  I am pretty sure the moderator didnt delete it, he did it himself to not detract from your thread.  I pm'ed him afterwards because I told him that I noticed his had been deleted and so mine would likely too, as i assumed the moderator did it, and he explained that he did.  So maybe an olive branch.. he pulled his own post, I can delete mine to make his go away :)

Now for the fun stuff, I may just take you up on your offer :)  Do you know if any of the vendors that you guys work with have a lp670 version?  I figure its got to be a lot cheaper then what the one place that I know has them is trying to charge.  Any of you guys around Chicago?