The Forum > Faked or Factory?

I found one more puzzle

<< < (2/5) > >>

Murci-Me:

--- Quote from: Tallon on January 01, 2013, 01:12:54 PM ---What is the difference between a replica builder being able to afford the wheel but not the batwing repair... and an oem car owner being able to afford the wheel but not the batwing repair? Not sure I get that one. How do you know he bought the wheels he could have bought the car with the wheels already on it.

Watch at the lambo forums, people have these problems with their lambos every day with low miles...

Even if someone were to build a replica, they would probably know the script doesn't belong at the very edge of the panel. A lambo owner probably wouldn't. Although it's blurry and it could easily be the picture.. the left side looks fine.

--- End quote ---

I have seen several replicas with the script in the wrong location. It amazes me at the work some people do on their builds, they never check to see whare something goes or how it should look before they build. Its like some people have never seen the real thing to know what their building, which makes no sense to me at all, since you can google these cars to find out anything.
I guess it all comes down to whether you're building a replica or a kitcar. Most of the builds I have seen in person fall in the Kitcar class, which is why the real car owners laugh at us and our builds.
I realize that real Murcies have alot of issues, and things that can go wrong. Most people who have the money to buy these cars usually dont let their cars get to this condition before doing something about it though. All the "problems" with this car are relatively cheap to fix, I dont think its an issue of being unaffordable to fix it.
I still say FAKE.

AdrianBurton:
I vote fake
To many small issues that an OE owner would commit Hara-Kiri over ::tongue

italianknightrider:
A rebuild ,it was more than likely wrecked an put back together real fast  ::headbang ::beers ::rocker

Tusabes:
I say real
Electrical problems are hallmark of a real one

DiabloRoadsterJC:
After much debate, I'm going with FAKE. (But the mere fact were all can't agree means its a pretty good fake if that is the case). One or two items would be OK, but just way too many things going wrong here. Missing script/badging, another script/badging looks to be in the wrong place (too low), riding low on the drivers side, "bat wing" intakes not functioning properly, several lighting issues, and why would the spoiler activate at lower speed ? However, a functioning spoiler is really the only thing that makes me giving thought to real. I'll go with fake with optional OEM wheels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version