Author Topic: Front Engine Lambos  (Read 5100 times)

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
Re: Front Engine Lambos
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013, 03:38:32 AM »
Tusabes You and Ronin with MM  it is one and the same person?

I just can not believe that the idea of ​​a donor Camaro can to master at least two people  :)

I apologize for my English, I use a translator
Not the same person, but I agree , after seeing cki mercy 4 in the video i posted , that the camaro convertible chassis is a great choice for an aventador convertible replica . The dimensions are good, the top is already off on a convertible ,  the fenders unbolt easily, there's no stretching or engine swap needed.  The biggest chassis modifucations is the windshield and relocation of radiators .  All in all hundreds if hours and thousands if dollars will be saved on preparing the donor .

The thing we dont have is an aventador body yet, but if those producing the body kit design it to fit over the camaro convertible , it can look better than cki mercy 4.

Tusabes

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 03:26:06 AM »
All of these videos below are front engine and claim to be replicas of Lamborghini models.
However, none look like what they claim it replicates.

Murci - Lambo replica with burn out
Gallardo - 2012 White Gallardo Replica
Aventador - 2012 Lamborghini Aventador Replica

Gotta agree with you that the builder of these cars, just doesn't do a very good job in making them look like the real car. Note these are not camaro donors. He uses a gto or solstice as donors and they just don't look right

The mercy 4 video I posted from cki is much closer to looking like the real car and is built on a camaro , not a solstice or gto. of course the main problem with the mercy 4 is that  the front end wound up looking pregnant . to clear the shock towers. This is due to the fact the front end if a murcie is flat and needed to be raised, but should not be a problem on the aventador which OEM has a raised hood area up the center and along the edges

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 11:22:44 PM »
I may believe it but still won't like it

notnilc20

• Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 08:24:50 PM »
wow, this thread got totally hijacked and I'll contribute.  To the dude that wants to build a front engine Aventador.  My man, the only way you will prove it to anyone is to do it.  Not showing pictures of camaros and where the windscreen will be etc.  It's just one of those things that will have to be done first before anyone will believe you.  All the previous attempts have pretty much failed for different reasons.  So if you so strongly believe it......do it.  Then it will be your opportunity to make believers out of non-believers.   Remember, at one time everyone thought the world was flat.  ::beers 

Murci-Me

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 07:30:52 PM »
LOL, that "Murcie" looks good? I wouldnt care how good the car looks on the outside if the engine is in front.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 04:33:56 PM »
::zzzzz Any photos of past projects??
Welcome! A7x is awesome  ::rocker

Avenged Seven Fold from St. Louis MO, welcome to the site.  If you bored while waiting for pictures of previous projects, can you help fill in the time and provide pictures of your previous projects or current build?

Chris

Tallon

• Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 04:25:44 PM »
Welcome! A7x is awesome  ::rocker

A7X

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 03:49:09 PM »
  First off I'm no newb to the kitcar industry, nore am I a dreamer that talks alot about doing things, anyways I just wanted to see what type of car people might want to see get built. 

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 11:35:38 AM »
If you are determined to build on a new chassis because you have the correct wheelbase and the chassis is so much newer, go ahead and convert it to mid-engine. You will find it is a lot of work no matter which factory-built chassis you start with but you will at lest have the engine in the proper location.
Let us know how you do it.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 11:30:57 AM »
I would hazard a guess that it all boils down to: Do you want to build a replica or do you just want to drive something that sort of looks like a facsimile.  Each builder has the option to accept or reject the result of their builds.  Some times I make adjustments as to oem because I want others to admire my work.  Other times I may substitute a different part because it really doesn't suit my budget or is not that visible.  I am a 44 year GM employee (retired) and my loyalty is to gm parts.  Do I like puting a Mercedes part in my replica?  SHOOT NO!!  but I did it anyway due to the cost of OEM parts.  I love to make parts that closely resemble oem.  If you like the sound of your engine starting from the front of your steering wheel, have at it.  BUT, when I turn my key and hear that Northstar twin overhead cam 32 valve engine fire up behind me, I love it.  Ask jdinner if he gets that same feeling when he starts up his V-12 in his diablo.  It's your ride.  It's your build.  In the end it's your decision because it's your wallet.  Speaking of which, if it is overstuffed, I accept PayPal. ::headbang

Jim
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:59:24 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

jdinner

• Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
    • KwikerCars
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 06:59:35 AM »
All of these videos below are front engine and claim to be replicas of Lamborghini models.
However, none look like what they claim it replicates.

Murci - Lambo replica with burn out (The video's owner prevents external embedding)
Gallardo -
2012 White Gallardo Replica

Aventador -
2012 Lamborghini Aventador Replica

exzi

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 06:19:13 AM »
Tusabes You and Ronin with MM  it is one and the same person?

I just can not believe that the idea of ​​a donor Camaro can to master at least two people  :)

Tusabes

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 02:38:24 AM »
Apsara the solstice build was done by Z&M .and it's not a camaro donor .

There has been a Camaro as a donor for a murcielago and it looks good

Now remember on a murcielago build , the front hood of the murcielago is very flat.  However it's an entirely different story with the aventador . The aventador has raised "humps " in the center of the hood as well as the ends where the shock Towers go.  This allows space for the shock towers and engine without the pregnant front end look .

Personally some of us prefer the engine in the front and actually want a car with bone stock mechanicals, that can be serviced at any GM dealer.  and using a stock 25 year old fiero simply isnt powerful safe or modern enough for us.

I respect those doing custom mid engine swaps but some people do not want that , do not want custom parts that break and fail, and you need to respect that.

unfortunately there will be naysayers to the idea of a camaro based aventador until one actually gets built. And if a good one gets built , no one will admit their doubts were all wrong

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 03:29:43 AM by Tusabes »

apsara

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 32
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-1
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 12:21:09 AM »
The camero is an awful donor, 1 the engine is in the wrong place, 2 firewalls too high, 3 shock tower is way too high and will need to be trimmed down or cut out completely.  Moving the windshield forward doesn't change a thing.  By the time your done making all these changes you'll be spending a ton of cash plus its going to end up looking very bad.  Prime example is the Pontiac solstice murcielago build.
I for one rather build a chassis to fit the body not a body to fit the chassis.  Once you start building a body to fit a certain chassis you loose alot of the former shape of the car that you are trying to replicate.  You think that to yourself, oh i'll just cut a little bit here a little bit there, stretch this panel out, push this part in, make this wider, trim this smaller,  by the time your done making all those changes it just ends up looking retarded.  If you don't have money to begin with, don't even try bother getting into this type of hobby, I say hobby because you'll spend more money putting in to the build than making a profit from it.

Murci-Me

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 06:30:57 PM »
Excellent points Chris. If this is being done to save a little money (and yes, 5K is a little money in these builds) then you should really rethink getting into this hobby, especially when it comes to a Lambo.
Over the years I have seen dozens of people talking about doing front engine cars and thats about as far as it goes, with good reason.
I dont think there is a safety issue with building on a stretched Fiero, Chris is right when he says they come out stronger than they were before the stretch, and I too have never heard of anybodys build breaking apart at the extension or any other point.