Author Topic: Murcielago or Reventon Hatch Hinge For Sale  (Read 3986 times)

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
Re: Murcielago or Reventon Hatch Hinge For Sale
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 08:04:24 PM »
Door hinges and engine cover hinges, send me total in PM to zip code 10465.

Send Paypal name also.

Thanks.
PM sent.
-Jayso

Onewickedsvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 01:19:04 PM »
Door hinges and engine cover hinges, send me total in PM to zip code 10465.

Send Paypal name also.

Thanks.

LamboJayso

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 11:14:08 PM »
They're $225/set now but may or may not go up in price depending on demand, fab costs, and time it takes to make a set.
-Jayso

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 08:56:15 PM »
I was wondering about the price also so I PM'd him and he told me it was for a pair which I found very reasonable.  I could make a set from the pictures he posted but I'd only be guessing at the size and angle.  I'd seen pictures and heard great comments on his batwing hinges so it's worth it to have a set that I know are patterned off an OEM set and will be really close in size.  This is one more part that I don't need to build and that just puts me two parts closer to getting my car done.  :)

Chris

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 08:41:06 PM »
You're right :\ I figured because oem hinges on lambostuff are slightly more for each, that he was selling them in sets. Not sure why they were $600 anywhere else

Murci-Me

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »
I thought he was selling them at $225 "each", since the way he worded his post.

QUOTE;
Here is an OEM hatch hinge that was pulled from a burnt Murcielago. It's the same hinge used both in the Murci coupe and roadster. It's also the same hinge used in the Reventon. This hinge will give you the proper clearance. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use this type of hinge on my build. However, I can replicate it (singular) upon request for $225 shipped

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 05:30:59 PM »
BTW.... I've contacted Jay for a set and I thought the price was fair given my time and the materials I'd have in a set.  He has a set that he can pull an exact pattern from and compare to his as he's making them and this is much more than I have.  I was looking to buy an OEM set of these for around $600 so this set is a bargain at half that.  I now have OEM front hood hinges for the front and these will look good at the rear of the car.  This is probably more important to me because I have the inner G28 panel for the hood and I'm having a OEM splashed rear engine cover made that has an inner panel also.  I want the panels to open and look as finished as possible when exposed.

Chris

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 05:24:27 PM »
O MY GOASHHHHHH!!!!

For peace of metal and $10 worth of parts.....

"I guess you haven't been on the forums enough other than to sell overpriced parts. I've had many people agree with me. It's just annoying when someone claims to do something purely as a hobby but they expect 500% profit from each item. "

"This isn't a car it's a part. Just because you used an oem part to copy off of doesn't mean some of that oem cost goes into the splashed part. The oem part is made by Lambo and the name is what makes the cost so high not the materials and labor. I know what these materials cost, btw, I guess you can fool some but not all... "

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/mall/16908-murcielago-reventon-next-gen-replica-steering-wheel-complete-2.html

Above Quotes taken from my favorite wannabee builder

lol......   I had ta.........

Come on guys.. this is simple.  When something is offered for sale and you think it's too expensive, please keep your comments to yourself and don't buy it.  This is not a competition of who's parts are better or "you are asking too much" so I'm going to publicly call you out on it.  The parts were posted per the site rules with an asking price.  If you want to negotiate the price or provide feedback to the seller, please do so via a Private Message.

As Dustin said last week, this is getting old and the site is not intended to be used for turf wars or axe grinding.  Let's keep it "about the build" and leave the BS for the "other" sites.

Chris

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 05:14:33 PM »
Those ppl who say those stuff would have a new found respect and appreciation for things if and whenever they do decide to get their hands dirty. Things always seem easier to do when watching from the sideline as a spectator, but it's not until when you get in the game then you realize it wasn't as easy as you thought it was.

AGREE 100%

Murci-Me

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 04:40:48 PM »
Look closely, and you'll see it's Lemonade in the mugs...... ::beers

im just sayin........

Tallon

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 03:42:56 PM »
I didn't ask about an airbag.. I'll probably use the audi/gallardo wheel like mm, I like it better. I don't know about any parts from Joe. From what I know he hasn't sold anything since I've gotten into these cars and he owed a lot of people money.

Oh...how does this relate to hinges?? Have something to say to me I respond to all pm's. I don't drink, though, thanks.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:45:38 PM by Tallon »

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 02:31:37 PM »
LOL Tallon,

I would love to invite you over brother as my guest and personally show you what I did to get the airbag and its quality compaired to the  other replica airbag. I have personally seen one from say JOE and it was just well (it is what it is). Any way I would personally like to invite you and offer you some  ::beers   You are always welcome at my place if you ever want to stop by. Unfortunately I am not building a Murci but I do like details and I was asked/bet to make a murci airbag because there was just none out there that was of value (as I was told) Anyway brother  ::beers for you and me and I promice to come up with a price that is good for everyone.

CCIE
PS Thank you LP670_SV for removing your remarks please have a  ::beers on me.......

Tallon

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »
nice, I'd like to see what your replica would look like if you start making them.

Although I really want the hatch to go with so I could mount it easier. G28 hatch sucks

For peace of metal and $10 worth of parts.....
I don't agree, no one else is making them so price is good.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:56:39 PM by Tallon »

LamboJayso

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 01:14:47 PM »
LamboJayso........ Keep up the good work.....  Will this work on a Diablo???

Sorry Brother I had to go there..... but I couldnt help it........ (still laughing my butt off)
Any way I am interested in it if this can work for my Diablo....   email or PM me

Thanks
CCIE

CCIE, of course this hinge can work on a Diablo. This type of hinge is the ideal hinge for the Diablo hatch. I would have put Diablo in the title as well but I didn't want to confuse or mislead anyone. Also, "RT" is building a Diablo and he's using a similar type hinge for his build.

Those ppl who say those stuff would have a new found respect and appreciation for things if and whenever they do decide to get their hands dirty. Things always seem easier to do when watching from the sideline as a spectator, but it's not until when you get in the game then you realize it wasn't as easy as you thought it was.
-Jayso

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 12:25:28 PM »
LamboJayso........ Keep up the good work.....  Will this work on a Diablo???

Sorry Brother I had to go there..... but I couldnt help it........ (still laughing my butt off)
Any way I am interested in it if this can work for my Diablo....   email or PM me

Thanks
CCIE