How To - Tips > Frame

Tube chassis cost

(1/6) > >>

lance345:
I'm sure insurance is slightly different everywhere, but seems to be along the same general idea.

My insurance company said when the car is done it will be insured as a "modified mr2" and if I want replacement value greater than the mr2, just get an appraisal. I intend to, and I'll have to wait and see what my insurance comes in at but I'd be surprised if it was more than $100/month. That's how much my new truck is, and my car won't be valued at that much (if it is I'll even surprise myself  ;D  )

eddie:

--- Quote from: Murci-Me on February 25, 2013, 08:13:15 PM ---This has always been my nightmare, having someone else hit me and then their insurance only wanting to pay me Fiero bluebook on my replica.
Heres what I did. First, I got an independant appraisal on my car. I told them I was looking for around $80K and they said no problem, the apprasial came back at $81.5K
I have my car listed as a classic with my insurance, and have full coverage (liability, comp, collision, uninsured motorist). If my car ever gets hit and is considered a "total" loss, I get $80K, whether its my fault or not.
I also have it stipulated that if the car is considered totaled, I get to keep possesion of the car and not pay a buyback fee. My 6 month premium for all this coverage is $212, and I have State Farm Insurance.

--- End quote ---
::thumbup

eddie:
I too am in Auto body biz, as you can see what happened to me ( read Kitcentral Guywithlambo) I got 14K for bumper and repaint both 1/4s. that is why you need appraisal and go with good insurance comp.for me it paid off well spending 160bucks a month. oh guess what, it was a Fiero based too ,but registered as home build and 50K no
depreciation.
re :the after market panels here in Canada if insurance gives you a OEM part they want to re inspect after. not all cars are checked but in random.

Murci-Me:
This has always been my nightmare, having someone else hit me and then their insurance only wanting to pay me Fiero bluebook on my replica.
Heres what I did. First, I got an independant appraisal on my car. I told them I was looking for around $80K and they said no problem, the apprasial came back at $81.5K
I have my car listed as a classic with my insurance, and have full coverage (liability, comp, collision, uninsured motorist). If my car ever gets hit and is considered a "total" loss, I get $80K, whether its my fault or not.
I also have it stipulated that if the car is considered totaled, I get to keep possesion of the car and not pay a buyback fee. My 6 month premium for all this coverage is $212, and I have State Farm Insurance.

SchulzeA:
So you pay cheap insurance and pay the differance to fix your car, or you pay very expensive insurance and they fix your car. Either way your paying for it. And from my experience in a body shop, the insurance wants everything half butt so it's as cheap as possible. Every quote was refused when we ask for oem fenders ect. They want everything aftermarket china junk parts. So good luck having them hire a fab shop to rebuild the damaged tube chassis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version