How To - Tips > Frame

Tube chassis cost

<< < (6/6)

SchulzeA:

--- Quote from: eddie on February 08, 2013, 07:48:20 AM ---it cost way more then $500 in material,I paid over 3 big ones just for the the laser/ brake bend work. it's not just the bunch of tubes welded together.
 and after the chassis is done you still need more metal to buy.20 here 30 there it adds very quickly. and do not forget about Mig and gas. total???

--- End quote ---
$500 for the tubing is correct.
3k! Yikes. We had some issues with the chassis works drawing. They may have charged you programming fees to redraw parts.

eddie:
it cost way more then $500 in material,I paid over 3 big ones just for the the laser/ brake bend work. it's not just the bunch of tubes welded together.
 and after the chassis is done you still need more metal to buy.20 here 30 there it adds up very quickly. and do not forget about Mig and gas. total???

Tallon:
I got more than enough tubing for $500 but I guess it depends where you are.
You can download NAERC replica plans from various places on the internet for free.
Mike O. sells his chassisworks plans on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Diablo-Murcielago-Kit-Car-chassis-plans/321067380434?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=011&category=6762&cmd=ViewItem

DUBUC SLC:
What`s the real cost when your building your own chassis?
Plans? Steel? fabrication?

And weight??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version