How To - Tips > Bat Wings & Spoilers

Bat Wing Lifting & Closing Ideas

<< < (12/13) > >>

jb1:
Jdinner ,  a lot  of the idea with bat wing  controller with linear  is  in conjunction with the paddle shift, using the same arduino  that  controls paddle  shift  also control  the actuator for the bat wings.  The only additional cost would be the  extra actuator.

jdinner:
RT has always done amazing work and this descriptor is ideal too. The linear actuator above is also brilliant for the radiator intake panels but probably expensive.
Follow RT's advice and add relays with limit switches in conjunction with temperature switches to run your radiator intake panels.

RT:
I like to use power window motor drives to activate my devices.  They are cheap (usually abput $25 - $45 in a used parts yard) and are easy to mount.  Add limit switches to the end of travel to stop power to the motor.  In the case of the batwings, a radiator temperature switch that controls fans can trigger a relay to open the wings and when the signal from that switch stops the loss of signal returns the relay and powers the wing down drive.
I would use one motor with linkage to both batwings to save work and money and so they move together.

RT

jb1:
 the fan relay would  be fine to use  to trigger  2 more relays  and drive the  bat wings, they would open at 220 and close below that, pretty good and simple idea.. the code I am working on   for the odometer  can also  print the speed. 
  I thought about  using that  to make the bat wings open and close depending on speed, just  more for visual effect of  taking off  and hitting 30 mph the wings start to open, same can be used on a rear spoiler.
 I just got lcd in today and  will  try to get code tested and finished  this week for odometer , and add in   output functions to drive actuator for spoiler  or bat wings

usmc_butler:
Jim that's just my plan for my build nobody has to do anything I do. If I am not mistaken on the OEM cars the bat wings go down at high speeds due to wind on the wings and to keep them form separating from the body (around 100 I beleive). Second my welding skills have nothing to do with my fiberglass skills, my bat wings are Fiberglass not metal. Thank you for your other input, all suggestions will be taken in.

Later tomorrow I will be cleanin up the paddle shift diary and updating it with wiring diagrams and the code to make it functional. The only reason in bringing other options (ie. batwings, rear spoiler) up on that thread is due to the fact that I will be using the same box and same electronics to run my bat wings and spoiler.

Dustin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version