Author Topic: Toys you own or have owned, Whatcha Got?!  (Read 15248 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Re: Toys you own or have owned, Whatcha Got?!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 06:51:57 AM »
And my best work to date the Tribute Rumbler
Wow I want one!
Had no idea you built so many cars, that reassures us your murcie build will be amazing as well. Can't wait to see it finished.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:55:19 AM by Tallon »

batbuilder

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 58
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 12:40:12 AM »
And my best work to date the Tribute Rumbler

batbuilder

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 12:37:31 AM »
My first full build the Crimefighter Extreme

batbuilder

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 12:30:08 AM »
Jurassic Truck Works T-Rex
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:33:32 AM by batbuilder »

batbuilder

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 12:28:56 AM »
My 1990 Ferrari Testarossa replica

batbuilder

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 12:25:22 AM »
Hey guys hope you don't mind me chimming in. I have had many cars growing up in the 70s. My 1970 Dodge Charger, 65 Mustang,67 MGB 81 Delorean 69 Camaro and my 1990 Ferrari Testarossa replica. Rebuilding that Testarossa car started an obsession inside me. I rebuilt my H1 Hummer replica then decided to build a car from the very beginning. After imagining all the possibilities I built the Crimefighter Extreme painted blood red as a tribute to the first responders of 911. Took me two years and gave me the confidence to build the Tribute Rumbler. A street legal 4 seater Dark Knight Tumbler replica. One year research and 3 1/2 years to build. Built as a tribute to the men and women in the US Armed Forces. I take it to military charities in Northern California. I am currently building a Dark Knight Batpod replica. My latest obsession is the Murcielago Coupe and I am obsessed. Lol Thanks for looking....dave

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 11:55:32 PM »
I have 2200 hours total, but only 900 of those are in a jet helicopter. The rest are R22 and R44.
I tried doing it for a living, but theres to much competition here in L.A.
Are you former military? All my pilot friends who have tons of hours learned to fly in the service, lucky bastards!

Flying_Roadster

• Liked: 0
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 11:19:37 AM »
I have had and do have too many toys. I fly Helicopters for a living and currently Fly a 407. Got about 3000hrs in 206's. About 500 in b3's, it's cool to find other pilots that build.

My toys have been Goldwing 1100 and 1500. A Dodge Daytona Turbo Z.
My current toys are:
Porsche 928, Jaguar XJR, BMW Z3, Mini Cooper Convertible and my 2 reproduction Lambos.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 09:39:46 PM »
Yeah, no joke. I was lucky when I got out of college, I worked for Rocketdyne in Canoga Park (Los Angeles). They had a program that they would pay 50% of whatever schooling you would enrole in, didn't matter what it was. I had wanted to get my license (Rotary wing) for a long time, but could never afford it. When this opportunity came up, I jumped on it LOL!
I bought that 206 back in '94 (it was an '88), and got a fantastic deal on it. It was owned by a news station in Florida, and they had to unload it.
I used to take all my friends on rides if they would chip in for fuel and maintainence, going to Catalina Island after work for dinner was my favorite thing to do. Flying along the coast at 15' above the water at sunset is what I miss the most   :'(

This is so stereotypical California living and it only makes those of us living in the midwest, that more jealous of the West Coast.  At least we have snow and tornadoes.. wait, those are bad things.   :o

Chris

Murci-Me

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 09:22:04 PM »
Yeah, no joke. I was lucky when I got out of college, I worked for Rocketdyne in Canoga Park (Los Angeles). They had a program that they would pay 50% of whatever schooling you would enrole in, didn't matter what it was. I had wanted to get my license (Rotary wing) for a long time, but could never afford it. When this opportunity came up, I jumped on it LOL!
I bought that 206 back in '94 (it was an '88), and got a fantastic deal on it. It was owned by a news station in Florida, and they had to unload it.
I used to take all my friends on rides if they would chip in for fuel and maintainence, going to Catalina Island after work for dinner was my favorite thing to do. Flying along the coast at 15' above the water at sunset is what I miss the most   :'(

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 09:07:21 PM »
Really Mike?

First you build one of the nicest Murci's ever and then today you show up with pictures of your helicopter?  LOL!  I'm glad your last name is not "Jones" and you don't live next door because there would be no keeping up with you buddy.   8)

It's on my bucket list to get my single engine pilots licence and buy a small plane.  We have our second home in the Colorado Rockies and getting back and forth to Ohio would be a lot easier with a private plane.  We'll see what the future holds   ::)

Chris

Murci-Me

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 08:59:57 PM »
My 206 I had for 3 years. Logged almost 600 hours in it though  ;)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:03:56 PM by Murci-Me »

SchulzeA

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 08:36:58 PM »
My current toys and a pen holder I made at work when I was bored lol
CBR 929 Erion Edition, XR650, and a stuck Polaris 325
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:38:35 PM by SchulzeA »

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 06:52:23 PM »
I've owned a lot of cars in my life and have gone through several collections of early 70's Camaro's, 60's Mopars, Big Healey's, Corvette and 65 Buick Gran Sports.  I've also owned the motorcycle movie prop from Blankman (sold) and a few other toys along the way.  A couple of years ago, I had the largest documented collection of 65 GS's with a total count of seven cars and enough parts to last a lifetime.  When I decided to commit to my Lambo build, I found new homes for five of these Buicks and kept these two.

My vert.

My hardtop

I now keep busy on the weekends racing my 420cc go kart

A motorcycle is in my future but first I need to keep my promise to hold off until my last kid has turned 18 which will be next year.  It's a personal choice, but I wanted to make sure I was around to fullfill my obligation of raising her and the motorcycle idea was just something that didn't fit the risk vs. reward quota for me so I decided to wait.   ;)

Chris

cementhead

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 05:57:33 PM »
currently working on a porsche 993 turbo s replica.