Author Topic: bmw v12 audi trans which clutch  (Read 3588 times)

fastbusa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: bmw v12 audi trans which clutch
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 09:14:21 PM »
thank you for that info..im very excited about this build and i would love to finish before the next big show in pa...will post pics   thanks

jdinner

• Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
    • KwikerCars
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 08:01:08 AM »
Have a look through my notes on this page.
http://stweb.peelschools.org/sssweb/TTI-WEB/cars/projects.html
I made the adapter, flywheel and modified the clutch for an Audi 016 (5000) transmission.
You need some key measurements;
1) Flywheel flat surface to transmission mount surface (Audi 90).
2) Audi 90 flywheel diameter.
3) Pilot bearing location (depth) into flywheel.

You might need the starter ring gear from an automatic transmission to make it work too. If you use the 850 flywheel your adapter plate will be spaced about 2 inches from the engine. I have a ring gear if you want it.

I have a clutch supplier here in Canada that can increase the clamping force on a pressure plate. He can even install two diaphragm springs if you want. I just had my flywheel resurfaced, pressure plate rebuilt and friction disc resurfaced with Kevlar for $425.00. About $200.00 cheaper than a rebuilt Audi clutch from NAPA.

fastbusa

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 10:33:17 PM »
thanks to all that replied...

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 03:09:48 PM »
Hello im new to the page and have a question maybe someone can help me with...I purchased a v12 out of a 850 that has a flywheel on it from a manual transmission...can i use that flywheel....and also which clutch would i use for the audi transaxle..Its a five speed out of a audi 90 which is probally not the best one but its what i have and its new with 0 miles...thanks  Any input will be greatly appr...

your flywheel on the motor wont work, the adaptor "gap" will need to be made up so you will need a custom flywheel to support the input shaft of the trans and bring the flyweel friction surface out far enough to ingage the splines on the trans inout shaft.  Then you can use a "replacement type" clutch for the traans that you have.

rodrieguz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 77
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 10:26:19 AM »
Stock Audi clutch  fits but you want to get a good qaulity one.

aeauto

• Liked: 33
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 09:17:43 AM »
PM sent

fastbusa

bmw v12 audi trans which clutch
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:13:16 PM »
Hello im new to the page and have a question maybe someone can help me with...I purchased a v12 out of a 850 that has a flywheel on it from a manual transmission...can i use that flywheel....and also which clutch would i use for the audi transaxle..Its a five speed out of a audi 90 which is probally not the best one but its what i have and its new with 0 miles...thanks  Any input will be greatly appr...