How To - Tips > Hood - Engine Covers

Latch Options

(1/6) > >>

autopro:
Don't see why that zip tie is there.  Is the guide cracked?  Try removing the zip tie to see if there is anything wrong with the striker.

BigPines:
I got an Alfa Romeo 164 catch and striker too but it looks like the striker has been rigged to work properly with a zip tie. I am wondering if it is a big deal to fix or I should send it back for a refund?

jdinner:
Just another option that works really well, is compact and cheap. I have a latch, striker, cable and lever from a VW Rabbit. It has the spring and safety catch built in.

autopro:

--- Quote from: String on April 10, 2013, 12:57:53 PM ---If you can find used ones ( discontinued) , Alfa 164 boot catch and striker good for the engine hood , as the striker plate is on a flat plane to the striker.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for all the info you provided.  I was abe to find this catch and striker here is a picture.

Tallon:
The front trim's I wouldn't mind buying, those details I can't resist. I'd like to do the front trunk like oem.
I tend to wait until someone makes a copy of it but doesn't always happen in decent time frame if ever

I only have the little height adjusters so far lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version