Author Topic: when you realize the true definition of INSANITY  (Read 1288 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Re: when you realize the true definition of INSANITY
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 09:54:48 AM »
Yup it's a good idea to try and make everything you can by hand instead of buying part for part, and waiting for parts to come up either used oem parts or for someone to copy an oem part. My build will take awhile but I just can't afford to buy expensive parts all the time, and the future shows more replica parts to come. I don't plan on my build getting as high as 103k.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:58:46 AM by Tᴀʟʟá´É´ »

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 07:25:45 AM »
I think that each of us has a different idea of what satisfies us whether it is just owning the real thing or a replica.  Is it the satisfaction of the build or just the ownership of the car.  My son and I built his 92 Firebird bracket drag car from scratch.  It was enjoyable to help build and to sit in the bleachers and watch him run a 10.03/132mph pass (although a little nervous for me).  I doubt that any of us have the same exact feelings.  Jim

You forgot to mention that Barrett-J does charge a minor? fee of 8% sellers comm., buyer's premium 10%, and seller's entry fee of $600 - $1500.  Cha-Ching.
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

jamack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 08:44:29 PM »
Those are great points but, something I have learned over the years you save your self allot of headache if you try to purchase and build any car for the purpose of not losing money, you are correct if you build something as a keeper that's fine but, every car I have ever owned has been for sale... Every type of car out there has a value to the owner and guys get attached no doubt but, in my opinion I think having one of these cars so you can get a thumbs up at the red light or for the satisfaction of the build maybe enough for who ever but regardless of the amount of money you put  in it there is a ceiling on value no matter what an appraiser says because you still have to find the right person to spend the money for fake... My build was for one reason and one reason only and that was to do a project with my son outside of that it had nothing to do with the thumbs up or anything of that sorts because we can get that in our 37 ford everytime we hit the road, I hope I can give insight on building because I do think it can be done cheaper and still have a nice car so don't take my post as being down about my build I just feel I have let it get out of hand...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:47:10 PM by jamack »

mogoes49

• Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 07:43:52 PM »
thats a lot of loot jamack for a older one but if you build yours good and have good parts and all else that comes with that. when done you know its yours and you can appreciate it like nobody else can. on my gs that is little older its a 03 mine looks way better then the newer models because of all the mods body kit and custom stuff i did to it to make it look the way it does. and people want mine over the newer more expensive ones.but what people dont realize is all the money you have to put in to a real lambo to just maintain it witch is crazy 8k for a oil change and so on from lamborghini is nuts to me even if i was rich i rather have a dead on replica thats easy to maintain.also you have to think to your self if you are ever gonna sell it if yes then i would not put any more money in to at all.if you plan to keep it forever then hell yeah do it build the best car ever that's my thought on this if i build mine im not selling it  ;D

jamack

• Member Rating Points: +0/-2
when you realize the true definition of INSANITY
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 03:47:34 PM »
JUST watched this car go for 103k, 1998 Diablo VT 8000 miles on BJ,  then you realize wow I have that in my fake one, hobby or just ___________, well you fill in the blank.