Build Diaries > Countach

Finally building my Countach lp400s low body.....!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Graeme Stebbing:
Hi Bottlefed, love your build pics, i am also building a Countach but its been two many years in the making.
The only concern i have is the mounting of the fuel tank in the front of the car, have you run out of room in the rear, the only reason i mention this is i believe Lamborghini had real proplems with the old Muira, it also had the tank over the front wheels, and as the tank emptied the steering got very light to the point that the car would understeer badly, if it was me i would find room in the rear, perhaps two tanks like the original, i noticed it's a fuel cell, but being oldschool i still don't feel right having a tank up front in a crash, other than that your car looks great, gives me some motivation to go out in the shed in the middle of winter.
Lambo

bottlefed:

--- Quote from: Tallon on May 09, 2012, 05:13:28 PM ---I think the purple/violet color is great and something different for a change.
Waiting for someone to say to not go with dark colors though :(
Man those wheels are one of the main reasons I loved lambos so much as a kid when I had countach posters on my wall.

--- End quote ---
Thanks and I'm so not worried about a dark color... In fact in will help out in hiding flaws and as far as it looking flat.. There's not to many flat spots on the Countach exept for the roof and hood areas..  :) a little good body work goes along way.

Ohh and yeah I flipped the ring ring gear in the tranny so I'll be running it right side up

cementhead:
Did you flip the diff in your transaxle or are you running it upside down?

Tallon:
I think the purple/violet color is great and something different for a change.
Waiting for someone to say to not go with dark colors though :(
Man those wheels are one of the main reasons I loved lambos so much as a kid when I had countach posters on my wall.

bottlefed:
Thanks for the comments... I'll be back at it soon..  :) gota do some catfishing...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version