Build Diaries > Aventador

possible new instrument cluster for the anvetador

<< < (2/6) > >>

Xyberz:

--- Quote from: 76mx on March 29, 2014, 11:31:34 PM ---Xyberz,
   I will concede my poor search abilities, I only looked at the first three pages and that probably did not go back to 2009. That now makes at least 27 forums and yet somehow I am the one that is obsessed and without a life. I also concede that I thought you were organizing the Aventador rental. It was your words like serious about it and we are at it that threw me. You are welcome on this forum but you must realize that the temperature of your reception is greatly based on how much sense you make once you are here. I would have thought that you would have recognized this fact at least 26 times by now. Statements like no 3-D models of guesstamates do not help this. Why would you make a 3-D copy of an existing imperfection? How could you even make a model of a guesstamate? But in the interest of deflating my ego and no God trip, I will not say another word about any of this. Please pursue the crowdfunding of your $1,000 dashboard prototype, but please do not ask us to also crowdfund your SEMA booth.

--- End quote ---

My true apologies if I come off as a jerk as I got kinda offended as I'm only here as a member of the community and not here to solicit any type of donation from anyone.  My intention is only to learn and to help if and when I can.  Clearly the ideas of forums is to share information with one another and hence the reason why I'm a part of so many different forums throughout the years.  I, as probably most others here are, am a born DIY person and prefer to always take the opportunity to save money and also for the learning experience to figure it out and do it myself.  I always tell all my friends, that if there is an instruction manual, equipment, and tools could build a rocket without ever stepping foot into a classroom. 

When I do release my crowd funding posting, I won't be begging anyone for anything.  If anyone sees what they like and want to participate then so be it.  Just like any other crowd funding project that has ever and still goes on today.  No one holds a gun to anyone's head.  At least with a crowd funding site, they require your personal information so should you decide to take the money and run, there's a real person that can be pursued and prosecuted easily.  Obviously I'm not looking to go to jail for something so stupid.  Plus it'll be under my company's name, not just a personal project in which I only wish to make one device for only myself.  This would be a full blown business movement with a business office, real address, number, etc in order to be authentic rather than just some smokescreen company. 

But at this time it's still not even off the ground yet as I'm in contact with the manufacturer anyway to work out all the kinks.  So unless if they're able to say it's possible, then I won't be moving along with anything and sadly the wonderful idea may just die like so many ideas do unfortunately.  This doesn't mean that as of now, it's not worth pursuing since it's not available anywhere.  As one person posted, "there's no need to reinvent the wheel".  I don't plan to, at least with this concept anyway. 

Also with any other person pursing and actually trying to build a kit, replica, or even parts, I'll be posting updates with real pictures and what not to show that it's not just a talk thing if this continues to move forward.  Obviously you can't gain any interest in anything with just words.  And like I said, I won't be asking any members for any funds both in public or private.  Input would be great as this is the reason why I'm here, for support as just about everyone else is.

So please, if there's anything you'd like to know about me or my project I'm pursuing please feel free to ask.  I just hope that there can be some respect in speaking to one another rather than coming off like sergeant hard @ss.  If so then you can only expect my response to not be so nice or light in manner.  Probably just like you, I'm not here to take anyone's B.S. so if you don't fling it, then I won't either. 

76mx:
Xyberz,
   I will concede my poor search abilities, I only looked at the first three pages and that probably did not go back to 2009. That now makes at least 27 forums and yet somehow I am the one that is obsessed and without a life. I also concede that I thought you were organizing the Aventador rental. It was your words like serious about it and we are at it that threw me. You are welcome on this forum but you must realize that the temperature of your reception is greatly based on how much sense you make once you are here. I would have thought that you would have recognized this fact at least 26 times by now. Statements like no 3-D models of guesstamates do not help this. Why would you make a 3-D copy of an existing imperfection? How could you even make a model of a guesstamate? But in the interest of deflating my ego and no God trip, I will not say another word about any of this. Please pursue the crowdfunding of your $1,000 dashboard prototype, but please do not ask us to also crowdfund your SEMA booth. 

Xyberz:
Here's a direct link to Extreme:

http://extremeoc.co.uk/index.php?topic=553.0

This is from 2009 and started by me and there are many others there.  Also it seems that Mad Mechanics was "The Kit Car" forum many years back because the links in my email from 2008 just takes me directly to the front page of Mad Mechanics only and no longer back to the thread the email was referring to.  Seems like they flushed out the old threads when whomever took over or decided to just start over as Mad Mechanics.  Yes, I've been in and out of the scene an it wasn't my every single day obsession where I'm on it 24/7.  I have a life and other interests and you 76mx MUST'VE seen that I've been in other automotive related forums as I DID indicate already proving that I'm not lying.

Seriously, would you like my blood type, SS#, DL# to prove that I'm not here as a crook but a supporting member of the community??? 

Xyberz:

--- Quote from: 76mx on March 29, 2014, 11:31:28 AM ---Xyberz,
   I too had the same questions as Digibeam, so I took your info provided and did a quick check. I found that you were on at least 25 forums (that is where I stopped counting), and your posts ranged from requesting advice on how to build a chicken coop to offering advice on pro football, but my one minute search found nothing on kitcars.
   You are on this thread suggesting a group funding to build a dash prototype and another thread trying to organize a group Aventador rental. Here is a humble suggestion. Since there is not a chance in the world that it would happen anyway, take your share of the $38,500 plus tax plus insurance plus misc. plus travel plus splash Aventador project and use it to fund the prototype of your $1,000 retail dashboard. The fringe benefit is that you are no longer trying to herd us cats on either thread.

--- End quote ---

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome.  I was just suggesting it, not saying this is something I'm looking to do immediately.  It seems like a good idea that eventually if enough people decided to do would be better than taking 3D design models from people's "estimates" of the actual vehicle.  Also I didn't inform this is something that only "I" should start.  This would be a good idea for ANYONE that also thinks this would be a good idea to do.  The idea was just to throw into the air seeing how many people are only making molds off of video game models, eyeballing it, etc.  For all you know they could've made it off the measurements of a toy car and just multiplied it to size. 

If people such as yourself was as welcoming to forums, it'd be a barren desert. 

Plus your searching skills are horrendous because I've been part of The Kit Cars (which is Mad Mechanics) and Extreme forums since at least 2008 because I searched my emails and found reply emails I've gotten to my threads. 

Oh I'm sorry, did the screenshot dating from 2008 not prove that I've been around? 

Before you go around waving your big old ego all over the place making like your're the kit car "God" take a look around you and see what kind of an example you are.  Is this YOUR little "click" website?  If so then I can take my ideas and support elsewhere.  It won't be the end of the world if I don't post on "lamboclone".

P.S. Don't ask me why this picture is resized so darn small on the thread.  It's full screen on my computer and I'd be more that HAPPY to send it to anyone who believes I need to "prove" myself to be part of the club.

76mx:
Xyberz,
   I too had the same questions as Digibeam, so I took your info provided and did a quick check. I found that you were on at least 25 forums (that is where I stopped counting), and your posts ranged from requesting advice on how to build a chicken coop to offering advice on pro football, but my one minute search found nothing on kitcars.
   You are on this thread suggesting a group funding to build a dash prototype and another thread trying to organize a group Aventador rental. Here is a humble suggestion. Since there is not a chance in the world that it would happen anyway, take your share of the $38,500 plus tax plus insurance plus misc. plus travel plus splash Aventador project and use it to fund the prototype of your $1,000 retail dashboard. The fringe benefit is that you are no longer trying to herd us cats on either thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version