Author Topic: DEMAND & SUPPLY - The Build-Friendly Kit  (Read 1299 times)

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: DEMAND & SUPPLY - The Build-Friendly Kit
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 10:04:57 PM »
True. We all see it the same.
I think when joe first made the body it was hot and desirable despite all imperfections. With time we see parts not fitting and kits getting nastier after copies of copies.

It will be the hottest kit around for a long time yes.
I think my build will change the game a bit and will shed light on a better way to use those kits (but not justify their flaws).

I think nCrazy should make a new mold and make it into Font Clam, rear clam, windshield, and rockers. That is for all practical reasons. And someone should make a Partial subframe for such design. That would be 100% the new way to go and will steer this industry correctly.

Joe did not make the first or original body, Triangle-G did. Joe just splashed the G28, and we all see how that turned out lol.

The problem is that some people have taken the G28 and made it worse, not better. The G28 came out about 7 years ago, and since then I know of 4 different people who have taken that body and modified it into a new version, but they've all been worse than the original. Rob/Joe/IE's version has been the worse of them, going through all the additional work to add body lines that dont exist on the real car, and totally neglecting to fix the obvious problems (muscle hump, long front hood, sagging front bumper) all in the name of making an "affordable" (lol) kit.
Like I said before, if I had the money I would buy another body and totally revamp it, then offer copies.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:10:18 PM by Murci-Me »

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 11:36:01 PM »
True. We all see it the same.
I think when joe first made the body it was hot and desirable despite all imperfections. With time we see parts not fitting and kits getting nastier after copies of copies.

It will be the hottest kit around for a long time yes.
I think my build will change the game a bit and will shed light on a better way to use those kits (but not justify their flaws).

I think nCrazy should make a new mold and make it into Font Clam, rear clam, windshield, and rockers. That is for all practical reasons. And someone should make a Partial subframe for such design. That would be 100% the new way to go and will steer this industry correctly.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:38:03 AM by am33r »

Murci-Me

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:15:07 PM »
I am still suprised how NOBODY has bought the CKI Murcielago, made ALL the changes and adjustments that need to be done to make it accurate, and then moulded it to sell their own bodies. I hear how everyone complains about that body, but nobody ever does anything to make an updated version of that body.
I see people offering partial kits of the body, but its identical to the original, flaws and all. Rob/Joe/IE came up with a version, but it was more of a mess than the body they started with! They actually made it less accurate than the G28L, and more difficult to assemble (especially with all the missing parts).
I believe the G28 will remain the top selling murcielago body for a long time, but its in desperate need of some serious updating.

i'm just sayin'......... ::tongue

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 11:51:46 AM »
Would have been nice too leave out parts of the interior that we end up replacing with better parts

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 08:14:43 AM »
am33r I agree with you on the pricing they should have more of a price "menu" I it would be nice. However there are lost of reasons they don't (my theory), first is 'splashing parts" it happens all the time and it drives builders, sellers, and the hard working builder crazy, second is the BS there are so many people calling and harassing them about nickel and dime stuff its just not worth the hassle unless they can move a big ticket item.

The body I've never seen a trimmed body so I cant say much in regard to this but I can't imagine a seller "properly" trimming a body. I've trimmed my body when I got it home and thought everything looked great (takes about 4 hours) now that it has come to the very meticulous parts everything hast to be trimmed again, and I mean "EVERYTHING" inner and outer doors, tail light opening (did this last night for the lp640 lights), depending on what headlight you are running you will need to cut a bigger hole. and the list goes on and on. If somebody would give me $1,000 to trim their body I would do it all day everyday!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:17:22 AM by usmc_butler »

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 01:20:40 AM »
most customers shop price first .they want them cheap and quick
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
DEMAND & SUPPLY - The Build-Friendly Kit
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 05:07:02 PM »

I read all these purchases and builds and I see "Disappointment in the Kit Condition." A word from members on this forum and the other two can shape the market, so why can't we just demand "Mildly-Sanded Kit" where all the edges are soft and all the gaps fit the grills, windows, lights, etc.? Yes- we will pay the extera $1,000 for their 32 hours of "Care put into the making of the kit" (That's a week worth of work of bettering a kit to just be suitable for the build).

And seriously, why can't they price things per item?

I mean the Murcy-2 from CKI is $4,995 for the whole thing.
Why can't they price the large kit at $2K and all other 10 exterior items at $2K? and why not price the Interior at $1k alone!

They need a legitimate menu, with legitimate products!
Why can't they sell the windsield already Edge-Shaved? Who does anyway!

Do they not know that only people who have extra money like to start such adventures - which means we are welling to spend another $2,995 on getting our kits nice and useful

#JustSayin

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:08:43 PM by am33r »