Author Topic: what year is it  (Read 7404 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Re: what year is it
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 07:40:28 PM »
Speaking of water parks I loved wild adventures in valdosta!

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 05:36:07 PM »
Cmarens, thank you for your kind words. The fiberglass shop is not actually in the waterslide business, it is in the walk-in bathtub business. It has the rare expertise to be a job shop for everything from bubblegum machines to boat parts, but the company that builds and sells waterparks happens to be far and away the biggest outside customer. I can identify with your fascination of them. With the exception of my Skunkworks over in the corner, that is the only thing in the shop that ever gets my attention. My trip back to Atlanta next week is to be hands on for a park going to Vegas. That is rare for me and rather than looking on it as work, I am greatly looking forward to it. I also have more new toys that arrived last week for the Skunkworks, I will keep you posted.     

cmarens

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 36
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 11:01:19 AM »
Thank you Satina, I found it. I have contacted ITN News and they are contacting Wang Jain to see if he is interested. I was also surprised to learn that there are five China Consulates in the USA.

Sorry guy. I have seen the video but knew little about him or the whole story. I hope that you can bring this one into your business because he obviously has the talent to do whatever he sets out to do.

As for your previous post on being the "everything" for your workers, I couldn't agree more. It is too bad that more people did not realize that and treat their people as such. If they did there would be more company loyalty, higher skilled workers due to time in the position, and as a result of that an overall better economy and products for the rest of us.

So you are in the waterslide business, huh? That has to be pretty cool. Whenever I go to a waterpark I find myself spending about as much time looking at how the slides and stuff are put together as I do actually using them. It is just amazing to me that those things can be built in places that have very cold winters and very hot summers yet dont end up cracked and leaking.
Kind Regards,

Chris

76mx

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 11:55:16 PM »
Thank you Satina, I found it. I have contacted ITN News and they are contacting Wang Jain to see if he is interested. I was also surprised to learn that there are five China Consulates in the USA.

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 02:37:27 AM »
Fatboyslim, thank you and I hope I can live up to that. Inspire, I do not wish to comment directly about shop labor rates but I will say this, there is a $50 dollar difference between foreman and a new hire. The man who I most respect once told me that in order to have employees it was not good enough to only pay them well. You must be a mother, father, sister, and brother to them. You must also be their marriage counselor, bail bondsman, and loan officer. When those guys in the shop are asked for full afterburn, they give it without hesitation.
76, you are absolutely right!
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

76mx

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 02:18:08 AM »
Fatboyslim, thank you and I hope I can live up to that. Inspire, I do not wish to comment directly about shop labor rates but I will say this, there is a $50 dollar difference between foreman and a new hire. The man who I most respect once told me that in order to have employees it was not good enough to only pay them well. You must be a mother, father, sister, and brother to them. You must also be their marriage counselor, bail bondsman, and loan officer. When those guys in the shop are asked for full afterburn, they give it without hesitation.

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 01:38:44 AM »
Yes he is from china .

satinta

• Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 01:04:54 AM »
Just go to Google and type china Lamborghini
 Third one down

No wait,,, that's a different one
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:13:13 AM by satinta »

Fatboyslim

• Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 11:56:25 PM »
 Charlie i cant wait to see the future products you will have to offer,  You are.....THE MAN!  :notworthy

76mx

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 10:56:14 PM »
O.K., China then, that may complicate things, but our last two water parks went to China. But what Youtube video? How do I find it? And explain carefully as you can see from my difficulty posting before it kicks me off that I am computer challenged.

INSPIREcomposite (BANNED)

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 108
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 07:19:48 AM »
I know that with my dry sense of humor often the Forum does not know when I am serious and when I am joking, but I was serious when I said I wanted to hire this guy. Based on the info posted, there must be a story somewhere. If he is in Honduras, and wants to come here and see if he can build a particle collider, I can make that happen. All of the employees in the fiberglass shop are from Central and South America and I am familiar with the process. Chris and Cmarens, what do you know about this guy?

looks asian to me. how much you pay your employees?

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 06:58:39 AM »
I've just seen the video's and read the same stories about him and the car.  The car is an obvious mess however the ambition and resourcefulness put into achieving his dream is inspirational.

Chris

Fatboyslim

• Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 01:25:06 AM »
 Theres a youtube video and complete story about this young man, hes the asian "speed racer" i think hes from China. Was a very interesting story behind the build, i remember seeing the wood blocks he strapped to his shoes so he could reach the pedals lol but he was all smiles and he was getting lots of girls attention in his village with that car.. ::thumbup

76mx

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 12:53:50 AM »
I know that with my dry sense of humor often the Forum does not know when I am serious and when I am joking, but I was serious when I said I wanted to hire this guy. Based on the info posted, there must be a story somewhere. If he is in Honduras, and wants to come here and see if he can build a particle collider, I can make that happen. All of the employees in the fiberglass shop are from Central and South America and I am familiar with the process. Chris and Cmarens, what do you know about this guy?

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 10:18:09 PM »
All that work and he forgot to paint it.