Author Topic: trying to figure out the difference in the murci kits  (Read 8616 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Re: trying to figure out the difference in the murci kits
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 06:50:56 AM »
William your white car looks like southwest rockets car that was stolen from Missouri , taken to Texas and then recovered
Did you buy it from him ?
I'm not seeing it  ::scratch

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 05:07:42 AM »
William your white car looks like southwest rockets car that was stolen from Missouri , taken to Texas and then recovered
Did you buy it from him ?

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »
Daaammnn, great information,  so if I'm getting b this straight though mine looks really close to the orange one its not the same? Wow man that's some serious information,  i noticed when bi seen mine in person it was still really nice but I noticed the couple pictures I have found b of the body style I have they are really ugly lol like this one in the picture.  In person it's still pretty exotic but wow every picture is horrible lol

why does this red car look long like a camaro in the front? it doesnt look like it's rear-mounted engine! I mean looks-wise.

My car (pics from last year, the first one before I lowered the coil overs a bit more).  Still, for some reason the West-Coast originated bodies (TG-IE-Robs) seem to have shorter front ends... or maybe just an illusion  ::scratch

In this pic it's just lowered another inch and I cut a mid section to minimize the side sagging lip but still looks shorter than Mitch's car from CKI or the red one shown below for some reason.

I really dunno but it seems that way

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:45:38 PM by am33r »

notnilc20

• Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 08:50:50 PM »
Look how the front is pointing to the sky. It's amazing how the stance can dramatically change the appeal of any car. This one and yours is no exception.

william

• Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 02:52:40 PM »
Daaammnn, great information,  so if I'm getting b this straight though mine looks really close to the orange one its not the same? Wow man that's some serious information,  i noticed when bi seen mine in person it was still really nice but I noticed the couple pictures I have found b of the body style I have they are really ugly lol like this one in the picture.  In person it's still pretty exotic but wow every picture is horrible lol

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 02:41:22 PM »
WHAT you have is the first attempt at sculpting a Murcie body over or onto a DIABLO REPLICA BODY that is why the stretch is 10.5" and not the full 11" ,the Orange car was purchased from the same Sculptor ,after going out and purchasing some item like grill and other things they would not fit so JVD began a retro cut up of the body to make it look more realistic ,after doing so ,he made molds of the orange car body ,the molds are in Fl. ,but not in use this body was the first attempt at reproducing the 2002 Murcie ,the orange car has a Diablo replica windshield from AGP ,Sebring side glass ,modified front and rear bumper openings & side skirts.this is why the body is SO cheap through CKI ,it build able but not believable in appearance to a 2002-05 OEM Murcie ,then the Sculptor had a opportunity to repair a real car so they mold all the lower parts and vents ,and the car began its transformation to the G28 then G28lp ,but the wheelbase remained the same to this day 10.5" stretch ,because the OEM windshield was so much wider at the bottom they had to FAKE in the doors to the Nissan Maxima windshield area, the oem was like 61" Maxima is 58" so they had to lean the window frame of both doors in more to compensate for the windshield ,which in turn is called a "FAKE IN" ,THIS ALSO EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE IN DOOR LENGTH and body lines ,also taking into account the fiero dash location compared to OEM ,THAT is why the G28 front fenders are longer ,to lead into a smaller windshield ,i visited the Sculptor several times in LA ,we purchased several G28,s and G28lp bodies.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:01:41 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

william

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
Is this the same body style I bought? If so this is exactly what I would want mine to look like when finished,  i can't tell but I think it's the same body style?

william

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 01:57:08 PM »
As for builds no one ever told me it was a simple thing, don't get me wrong I think as for who I am I have read and seen enough photos to know I have already done some bigger things as for car projects,  and the more I read and the more I see carkitinc lamborghinis kind of look like garbage, i don't think it's simple at all.

As of pictures I will try and get more,  i use my old school smart phone and that's the only one I have, i don't want to sell it just yet, i am just learning things, that extreme kit is awesome,  i been looking for weeks and I keep thinking "why do I keep seeing replicas that look really good, than I see the others and I'm thinking wow how horrible" even the one I bought I'm like wow how ugly,  that extreme kit is really nice.

here is the rest the pictures I just got of the car I have.

notnilc20

• Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 01:31:56 PM »
William, can you post more pics of your car? Someone here may buy it off you if they know you're interested in selling and the old adage is " a picture is worth 1000 words". But a different pic than the one you keep posting.

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 01:12:41 PM »
William

you should figure out what it is you want lol seriously you need to answer the question

"What are you exactly looking for in your build?"

BUDGET - OPTIONS - DRIVE TRAIN - FUNCTIONALITY - INTERIOR - LOOKS - ETC.

Also, why not buy Mitch's build? It's an MR2-G28 he mentioned he will sell it.  It's a nice car.

Peggyontherunireland

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 09:55:43 AM »
No kit is simple to build and if somebody tells you it is there telling lies my car you see below took me over 4 years to build to get it to the stage you see it at. Finished Extreme lambo I have seen them sell up to £35,000 - £40,000 depends on the spec as for somebody building it for you depends on what spec you want and what is your budget

william

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 09:21:15 AM »
Yeah I'm thinking with the kit being 13k alone,  having even mostly built without paint and interior it has to be around 25k and I'm going to say complete basic no flashy paint job 35 or 40k I just wanted to toss a number out before someone responds with a answer see if I'm close.  I emailed but by what peggyontherunireland said I'm assuming I won't get a answer any time soon lol

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 09:14:22 AM »
Your wheelbase is actually critical. That is the first place to start.

I don't know what a complete Extreme build would cost but it sounds expensive...and don't forget shipping. :)
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

william

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 08:57:04 AM »
Absolutely, i don't know what my wheelbase is I can find out, i noticed on the extreme website that it states that they will build and ship also, let's say I had them do everything except paint and interior,  i wonder roughly what it would cost, and what does it cost to have them do the full build? Anyone done this through them before?

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 08:49:24 AM »
As long as the final wheelbase on your stretched MR2 is very close to 105 inches, the Extreme kit can be made to fit. I assume you realize that no "kit" is a simple bolt on experience. Lots of fabrication work is required to get any body package to fit any chassis.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:12:56 AM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?