Author Topic: Wanted: Lambo in Canada  (Read 8818 times)

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
Re: Wanted: Lambo in Canada
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2019, 09:39:19 PM »
receiver may be off center , pull the cable and let other person push down and up

Lambolegend

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2019, 09:33:21 PM »
I have removed the mechanism and pulled the cable, I thought I heard a click but still didn't open. The cable doesn't retract or pull anymore.
I'm not sure what button it is to power on the compressor? I don't hear a compressor turn on at all.

99svmonterey

• Liked: 9
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2019, 07:34:21 PM »
Congratulations on your purchase! Looks good in the driveway.
Is the cable seized and not moving when the release handle is pulled? I would remove the handle mechanism and check to see if cable is moving first.
Is the air compressor not powering on when you press the button?

Lambolegend

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2019, 06:40:07 PM »
UPDATE: So meeting again with the gentleman in Mississauga, we came to a compromise and he delivered it yesterday!

So many questions now. For example,
Is there a way to open front trunk? it seems like the cable doesn't work.
How do I activate the air suspension?
And so many more.

88.5countach

• Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2019, 01:04:41 PM »
Big decision for sure.

Similar to what I was thinking when i bought mine.  I had to have the custom transaxle rebuilt 2 years after I got it the Countach and waited 2 years getting it done.  In hindsite, would still do it all over again although that's what I was afraid may happen when I bought it.  Along with what will others think when they find out how much we paid for "kit car". 888o

On that point good replicas kept up to date and well maintained can appreciate.  If you do this to that car I could see you getting a return on the car if you hold on to it for 5-10 years.  As the real deals get way out of reach due our generation getting into years where we have expendable funds (kids left home).  Many have had there heart set on a real one with the values we recall from 10-15 years ago.  The real deals are now out of reach due to this market demand our generation is creating.  It's spinning off to the "accurate replica's" values.  Something that may help with your decision, I think its a good car done well, just needs some love, not non-hobbyist owner with alternative motives.

Lambolegend

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 06:24:03 PM »
Thanks 88.5countach, I still am considering it, yes I am the one that emailed you. I'm just trying to get as much information as possible before diving in. I'd like to go see it again and wish I had a mechanic friend to come with. I am mechanically handy and I'm not seeing a problem with the issues that he has listed that I couldn't attack. It's just the unknown that's scary for that price. I guess. Will make a decision soon.

88.5countach

• Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 12:37:24 PM »
I remember seeing the car at the KitCentral meet up years ago, think you emailed me as well.  I think the car was build fine, its just the care and maintenance for these cars is much more than an average modern car.  Little things need attention constantly.  When someone not mechanically inclined buys the car the little things don't get attention.  Think the hiccop with this car is it's an automatic, if it were a manual it would be gone already.  So most of us considering it would have to do all those little things on top of a tranny swap.

My car had the same kind of issues when I bought it, it's part of the reason I documented it on the bloghttps://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com, will give you a  sense of what is ahead.....good, bad and ugly.

The big thing is the cars don't come up for sales often.  If you have possibly years of patients to wait for "the one", then wait.  If looking at the car and fixing it (assuming your mechanically inclined) is just as satisfying as driving then go for it.  Drive it a bit, find a local car club that has interested mechanics you can get to know.  Source out through them what you'll need help with.  ie. an electrical guy, tranny guy etc.... a case of beer and a half day of direction from them will get it done, not quick but you'll learn a bunch yourself and about the car.

You have builders in your area you can get to know as well......like me.  Guys like Eddie and others that you'll end up networking with once you have the car and we know you are invested in the hobby.

eddie

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2019, 08:10:52 PM »
I have NAERC on Naerc chassis

Lambolegend

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2019, 06:01:10 PM »
Thanks for all responses Eddie,
Just so I'm clear, you have the same car? These cars are NEARC cars?

eddie

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2019, 11:11:23 AM »
Back to Joe’s car, I spoke with him he said nothing ton-talk  about everything worked and he does not know what that man did to it,
Electrical was done by someone else
Sorry ,  buy it and you have to play with it what’s wrong, that’s never ending when own Kit car 

eddie

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2019, 11:07:34 AM »
Yusha I don’t know maybe lower the engine mounts.
On my 3.8 I lowered different alt and modified cover.

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 09:48:37 AM »
Bet that's a 3800 SC under the engine cover!!!!
I have a 3800 in my NAERC 60 mounted longitudinally and it sits high,
Eddy if I recall you also have a 3800 in your beast. Any pointers to lower the engine so the cover can fit in it comfortably?!!!

CCIE

eddie

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 05:08:21 AM »
I'll give you his phone #, but I have ask him first.

Lambolegend

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2019, 10:17:37 PM »
Well that's great information!
I'm located in Hamilton, so not too far from Toronto. I'd love to speak with him and any more info you could have. When I went to see the car he had binders in the back trunk, but I really didn't look to closely at them. I guess it might be worth going to take another look.

eddie

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 08:09:31 PM »
as far as I know all stuff did worked , re air lift there was some and I think Jim fixed .That I'm not sure. if you are local in Toronto or closed by I can arrange meeting with Joe . location Concord ( hwy 7/ Jane) or I'll ask him if its ok to give you his phone number.the engine cover will not fit
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 08:13:18 PM by eddie »