Build Diaries > Aventador

Aventador body

(1/5) > >>

Murci-Me:
no worries, no offence taken  ::wave

tonypaul:
I didn't mean anything by the comment, I just thought it was interesting... You built a great looking replica but taking something with 150-200hp motor somewhere that works on 500+hp cars to change the oil just seemed odd to me.
It sounds like its a great way to network. I just havnt heard of a lot of mechanically talented people that out source their own oil service....

Murci-Me:

--- Quote from: solrac on July 14, 2013, 04:29:42 PM ---I might have all the tools to build a whole car but I also take my car to others for oil change. If u think about it at the end it comes out to the same price. So at least I can spend my time doing other more productive things

--- End quote ---

Good point. I too have better things to do than lay under my car and change the oil. My hour of time is worth more to me than $30.

solrac:
I might have all the tools to build a whole car but I also take my car to others for oil change. If u think about it at the end it comes out to the same price. So at least I can spend my time doing other more productive things

Murci-Me:

--- Quote from: Robslp640 on July 14, 2013, 10:41:26 AM ---Hey MM takes his cars their for oil changes because it looks like a real one. If I was driving one that looked perfect I would be hanging out at the lambo dealership to, getting to know these guy's good. Get a parts hook up at their prices to. Very smart Mike!!!

--- End quote ---

Exactly Rob, its not about changing the oil myself its more about making connections and being in the loop. Its also a lot easier to put it on a lift and work underneath, and I don't have to worry about disposing the used oil either. They charge the same as Jiffy Lube, so its a good deal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version