Author Topic: G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640  (Read 187905 times)

Simple Man

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2017, 11:08:14 AM »
Lambo_Sam

That is a nice bracket!!  I will be using it for sure. 
Thanks!

No Prob! you can also use the existing fiero cable and the cable catch from the old brake handle (Just a minor mod).

My car came with no E brake lever or ebrake cable.  I have a parts car, would you recommend the fiero cable or is there a better alternative? thks!

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2017, 10:49:27 AM »
Lambo_Sam

Thanks!

No Prob! you can also use the existing fiero cable and the cable catch from the old brake handle (Just a minor mod).

Simple Man

« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2017, 10:52:54 PM »
Checked out the rear suspension parts a little fitment issue but fixable.

The one rear extension bracket isnt wide enough to fit the spindle.

Two of the plates that the rotors attach to will require just a little adjustment to work with the hubs/spindles.

Simple Man

« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2017, 10:44:05 PM »
Lambo_Sam

Thanks!

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2017, 08:17:18 PM »
Looking at the underside of the car cutting the floor pan to get rid of the angle of the console to floor pan would require messing with the gas tank mounting strap.?

Looking at the fiberglass side piece, it should be able to be trimmed up by a couple of inches and give me the room for my brake lever.

A brake lever from a 94 Ferrari is being used.  Its nice and beefy when compared to the fiero lever.  But it is wider than the fiero lever.

We will have to see how it goes :)

Hey Simple, I'm using the same handle Ferrari and Lambos share it as well, I here is pics on how I did mine successfully, also in my flickr account, You just need to build a stand alone bracket for it.

130 by Lambo Samm, on Flickr

132 by Lambo Samm, on Flickr

133 by Lambo Samm, on Flickr

134 by Lambo Samm, on Flickr

136 by Lambo Samm, on Flickr

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:20:22 PM by lambo_sam »

Simple Man

« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2017, 12:55:17 PM »
Thanks guys for the comments!  Much appreciated!

The brackets are wrong, Richard is sending out 2 new ones priority mail.

Stay tuned!   :LL:

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2017, 10:41:37 AM »
If I recall, Arraut's instructions state to bolt the upper ball joint on the underside but the ball joint has teeth on the underside which makes sense to mount it on top of the A-frame.  Since you had the cross member off of the car, is it possible that in remounting it that it got remounted rearward causing the bolt problem?  You might try loosening the bolts of the crossmember and pulling it forward to install the problem bolts.  Murci-Me's cap screw cure will work also.  The same bracket on my front end was tight in that area also but I could still put a washer under it.
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

msaby

• Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2017, 09:00:46 AM »
Just an FYI... your upper ball joint is installed incorrectly. The ball joint should sit on the top of the control arm.

Thanks
Mike

Simple Man

« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2017, 07:35:18 AM »
Couldn't you use a grade 8 socket head bolt instead, the type that is a round head (for clearance) and a socket top that fits a large Allen wrench to tighten it down?

That is a good idea!  Thanks!  The other problem is the holes in the part are not in alignment. Almost 3/4 of the bolt width dont line up with the cross member holes.

Once I get the specs for the part, the round bolt will work after the two holes in the part are reworked.

★Murci-Me★

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2017, 10:49:49 PM »
Couldn't you use a grade 8 socket head bolt instead, the type that is a round head (for clearance) and a socket top that fits a large Allen wrench to tighten it down?

Simple Man

« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2017, 06:53:27 PM »
Well well well, go figure, 888o  A couple of brackets for the front  suspension arent quite right and will not work  :LL:

The 3 vertical holes all line up with the frame, the horizontal bolt holes, in the Arruat bracket,  do not line up with the cross member.  The bracket holes were enlarged but the the front hole is so friggin close to the shock mount arm that you cant turn the bolt to tighten it.

Getting the specs from Richard to check the part

So its a redo!!

Simple Man

« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2017, 03:35:42 PM »
Looking at the underside of the car cutting the floor pan to get rid of the angle of the console to floor pan would require messing with the gas tank mounting strap.?

Looking at the fiberglass side piece, it should be able to be trimmed up by a couple of inches and give me the room for my brake lever.

A brake lever from a 94 Ferrari is being used.  Its nice and beefy when compared to the fiero lever.  But it is wider than the fiero lever.

We will have to see how it goes :)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:45:05 PM by Simple Man »

Simple Man

« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2017, 03:11:09 PM »
Checking out seat fitment and Parking brake handle location.  the car didn't have a parking brake lever. so at least I dont have to redo that! :LL:

Floor pan was modified per a pennocks thread, so the seat will seat about an inch lower. A frame structure will be made and attached underneath the car. Sat in the car and I fit.

For the parking brake handle fitment the interior side fiberglass piece will have to be cut so it fits closer to the outside of the car.

Also if the seat could be pushed to the passenger side by about 1 inch it would be better.

On the console side the floor has an angled to it as it meets the floor.
Going to see if I can cut the floor pan and take out the angle and get the extra inch.

Anybody else have this issue?

Simple Man

« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2017, 12:08:45 AM »
Finally!

Simple Man

« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2017, 02:29:56 PM »
After 6.5 months, (when promised 6 weeks)  the final parts needs for my suspension install are out for delivery :drool