Build Diaries > Aventador

Aventador monocoque

<< < (9/10) > >>

wayne:
In return I could build a replica out of fiberglass for them. I would arrange the pickup and also pay for the shipping so for their part of the payment they would receive an exact copy of the monocoque made from fiberglass. The replica would have to have some kind of frame built buy someone but all the mounting locations and screw holes etc would be there if they would choose to mount factory parts with little fabrication required for mounting factory parts.

76mx:
I guess that I am missing something. If you do find someone to buy the monocoque with you, do they keep it on the even days and you on the odd ones?

wayne:
Thanks for the reply but I would like to build my replica as close as I can make it so that’s why I am looking for the monocoque. I do have some other parts that I have accumulated and I have been able to score some pretty good prices on what I have already bought so that’s why I am looking for the real monocoque. I have soured a monocoque and am looking for someone else that is looking to do the same thing I am. Thanks

76mx:
Thanks 01, Wayne if you do not need to have the original monocoque, my aluminum composite monocoque chassis is available in a 104" (Aventador) wheelbase. This is the same style that I use as a 98.5" Countach and Chupacabra Chassis. $7,000USD for a bare chassis, $9,000USD with the four corners hung. If you happen to be at the NSRA Street Rod Nationals in Louisville, Kentucky on August 2-5, both sizes will be on display in the Steel-It booth at the Trade Show. 

01Lambiero:
Wouldn't your budget end up more costly than an OEM Aventador on the used exotic car market?  Have you decided how you are going to license this vehicle after repairing a monocoque chassis designed out of 98% carbon fiber?  How soon would my investment of $50K return $100K to my bank?  Once drivable, wouldn't the car be 15 years old or more?  Sell your used parts and purchase the Chupacabra from 76mx and have more fun sooner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version