Build Diaries > Aventador

Neil's Aventador Build

<< < (3/5) > >>

01Lambiero:
I looked up the Maxjax to see if it mounted to the ceiling in any way.  I think that it lacks in support as it depends solely on that small plate on the bottom and will require a balanced load for sure.  Just $.02

Neils88:
After a year long hiatus, I'm finally back to the car. We moved from Ontario back to Nova Scotia and built our retirement home. Unfortunately, thanks to covid, it took us forever to build the new house... but well worth it! The Aventador stayed in storage in a trailer for the whole time. I finally have a decent size garage... and just ordered a Maxjax M6 two post car lift. Should be here next week.

Ok... back to work...  ::bounce

Neils88:
Recently, I've been working on the wiper system. By getting this finished I'll be able to finalize the fiberglass around the windshield, which will be a big step forward. Originally I wanted to use the Fiero wiper mechanism and wiper arms. However, the link system (used by most cars, including Fieros) turned out not to be feasible as a result of the tight space. Additionally, the Fiero wiper arms are terrible looking. I decided the best thing was to purchase the oem Aventador wiper arms. I'm also going to use the system from an MGB. This uses a cable driven system, which allows installation in tight spaces. The only modification required was to change the wiper posts from the standard straight spline to the tapered spline used by Lamborghini, Audi, VW, etc. This involved a little bit of machining and welding, but turned out to be relatively simple.

I still need to finish mounting the system, but that should be relatively simple.

Neils88:

--- Quote from: lambobuilder on January 26, 2020, 09:51:50 AM ---Just went through your build on the other forum. Very impressive engineering.

--- End quote ---

Thank you Lambobuilder.  :)

lambobuilder:
Just went through your build on the other forum. Very impressive engineering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version