Build Diaries > Aventador

Neil's Aventador Build

<< < (2/5) > >>

Neils88:
I just received the new Wilwood Superlite 4 piston calipers. I had them done in Lemans yellow. I still have to order the rotors, hats and the electric parking brake calipers. The front rotors will be 14" and 13" for the rears. I'll be machining the brackets myself. (In case anyone is interested, the entire setup costs about $7k Cdn.... not including the brackets... ouch)

It'll be good to get rid of the stock Fiero rotors lol

lambobuilder:
Looks like a great setup with lots of room. Can't wait to see your next steps on the car.

Neils88:
The Maxjax M6 is "portable" 2 post lift (ALI certified). The total lift is 48". The posts are not full height so no, it is not designed to be attached to the ceiling. The posts can be unbolted and rolled away on wheels to make room. The pump is on a cart and hooks up with quick connects. I chatted with someone who has two of them... he loves them and has never had any issues.

01Lambiero:
I looked up the Maxjax to see if it mounted to the ceiling in any way.  I think that it lacks in support as it depends solely on that small plate on the bottom and will require a balanced load for sure.  Just $.02

Neils88:
After a year long hiatus, I'm finally back to the car. We moved from Ontario back to Nova Scotia and built our retirement home. Unfortunately, thanks to covid, it took us forever to build the new house... but well worth it! The Aventador stayed in storage in a trailer for the whole time. I finally have a decent size garage... and just ordered a Maxjax M6 two post car lift. Should be here next week.

Ok... back to work...  ::bounce

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version