How To - Tips > Glass

Murcielago LP640 carkit ink door glass

(1/3) > >>

nickmkk:

--- Quote from: Murcie Me on March 01, 2021, 09:41:41 PM ---So my friend does have a set out of one his old builds he will sell, he wants 350 plus whatever shipping would be.

Oh, and just to be clear, Jackie bought the molds for the murcielago coupe and roadster from Steve at Triangle-G, who designed and built the molds and is the person most people bought their Lambo kits from. Jackie never built a thing.

--- End quote ---

Sold, please send me his info when you get a chance and thank you.

★Murcie-Me★:
So my friend does have a set out of one his old builds he will sell, he wants 350 plus whatever shipping would be.

Oh, and just to be clear, Jackie bought the molds for the murcielago coupe and roadster from Steve at Triangle-G, who designed and built the molds and is the person most people bought their Lambo kits from. Jackie never built a thing.

Simple Man 2.0:
The REDO had saturn glass installed for the side windows and they went up and down.

The picture below shows the door before and after I cut off the outer skin. 

Did it work smoothly?  not really, and it doesn't go down very far.  You can see how funky it sits in the door

I have a video of the saturn glass in operation as well

nickmkk:

--- Quote from: Neils88 on March 01, 2021, 06:22:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: Murcie Me on February 28, 2021, 10:08:11 PM ---I wish there was a section on the forums where only truthful accurate information could be posted so when people are looking for answers to their build issues they can be steered in the right direction the first time and NOT be misled by other peoples opinions or rumors they repeat. I cant tell you how much time and money I wasted on my build because i listened to people who didnt know what they were talking about.
So, to set the record straight, SATURN GLASS DOES NOT FIT ANY OF THESE BUILDS. It never has, and never will.
For the coupe, like Simple Man said, the OEM Murcielago coupe glass will fit. It'll take some work because of the difference in door sizes between OEM and kit. There is no other donor car glass available that will fit, not even Saturn.
When I did my build, I ordered custom glass to be made to fit. I sold all the extra sets so I dont have any more to offer, but I can check with a friend of mine who ordered custom glass as well, maybe he has some sets left. These are for coupes though, not roadster.

--- End quote ---

Just to be clear...I said Saturn glass since that is what Jackie at Car Kit Inc said in the video where they were installing the door glass into the Murci 2. Since they are the ones that built the body, it hardly felt like I was repeating a rumor.

Sorry to waste your time by trying to help. Attitudes like yours are the reason I walk away from forums.

--- End quote ---

That wasn't pointed at you, a lot of people have mentioned Saturn glass as the solution in different threads and forums, likely just repeating what they heard from Jacky.  Thanks for trying to help.

Neils88:

--- Quote from: Murcie Me on February 28, 2021, 10:08:11 PM ---I wish there was a section on the forums where only truthful accurate information could be posted so when people are looking for answers to their build issues they can be steered in the right direction the first time and NOT be misled by other peoples opinions or rumors they repeat. I cant tell you how much time and money I wasted on my build because i listened to people who didnt know what they were talking about.
So, to set the record straight, SATURN GLASS DOES NOT FIT ANY OF THESE BUILDS. It never has, and never will.
For the coupe, like Simple Man said, the OEM Murcielago coupe glass will fit. It'll take some work because of the difference in door sizes between OEM and kit. There is no other donor car glass available that will fit, not even Saturn.
When I did my build, I ordered custom glass to be made to fit. I sold all the extra sets so I dont have any more to offer, but I can check with a friend of mine who ordered custom glass as well, maybe he has some sets left. These are for coupes though, not roadster.

--- End quote ---

Just to be clear...I said Saturn glass since that is what Jackie at Car Kit Inc said in the video where they were installing the door glass into the Murci 2. Since they are the ones that built the body, it hardly felt like I was repeating a rumor.

Sorry to waste your time by trying to help. Attitudes like yours are the reason I walk away from forums.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version