How To - Tips > Glass

Murcielago LP640 carkit ink door glass

<< < (2/3) > >>

usmc_butler:
Mike, good to see you back around on the forum! We have been neglecting the forum and haven’t changed anything in years but you have a good idea that would be beneficial to add more sections to include that. We are really tossing around the idea of passing the forum to somebody else maybe they will take that into consideration! 

★Murcie-Me★:
I wish there was a section on the forums where only truthful accurate information could be posted so when people are looking for answers to their build issues they can be steered in the right direction the first time and NOT be misled by other peoples opinions or rumors they repeat. I cant tell you how much time and money I wasted on my build because i listened to people who didnt know what they were talking about.
So, to set the record straight, SATURN GLASS DOES NOT FIT ANY OF THESE BUILDS. It never has, and never will.
For the coupe, like Simple Man said, the OEM Murcielago coupe glass will fit. It'll take some work because of the difference in door sizes between OEM and kit. There is no other donor car glass available that will fit, not even Saturn.
When I did my build, I ordered custom glass to be made to fit. I sold all the extra sets so I dont have any more to offer, but I can check with a friend of mine who ordered custom glass as well, maybe he has some sets left. These are for coupes though, not roadster.

Simple Man 2.0:
I used OEM glass for my G28 

Works great

nickmkk:

--- Quote from: Murcie Me on February 20, 2021, 12:45:00 AM ---Unfortunately there was never any donor glass for the Murcielago (G28) kits. There are some that fit close for the coupe, but major modifications to the doors are required to make them fit/function. For the roadster version, there are no (zero) donor glass that even come close to working. No Saturn glass from any model will fit a Murcielago roadster at all. Your best bet is to make your own from Lexan, or have no side glass at all, which is what most builders have done.

--- End quote ---

Do you know what the closest/best option would be for the coupe?  My dad is currently looking for glass for his build and mentioned that the saturn glass is too big to work.

★Murcie-Me★:
Unfortunately there was never any donor glass for the Murcielago (G28) kits. There are some that fit close for the coupe, but major modifications to the doors are required to make them fit/function. For the roadster version, there are no (zero) donor glass that even come close to working. No Saturn glass from any model will fit a Murcielago roadster at all. Your best bet is to make your own from Lexan, or have no side glass at all, which is what most builders have done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version