How To - Tips > Doors

Power mirrors

(1/1)

Lambo2005:
Hey, Dale, I remember you from the old web site. I have been busy and had a few life changes so the old kit was placed in storage and pushed to the back burner for a few (6) years. Things are good now and I really hope to get back at it this year. I finally have a house where I was able to build a pole barn and have the room to work with power and heat. I think we met at Carlisle back in 2006 or 2007 I posted pics from that show here including the group photo. I met Jim Diner there and bought some radiators from him. So, it's good to be back and sad that the site doesn't get as much activity. With Audi shutting this business down basically I guess you either have a kit or picking up someone else's that didn't get finished.
I bought mine in 2005 hence (Lambo2005) screen name. Hopefully my engine is still good sitting all this time but I did dump tranny fluid in the spark plug holes before putting it away. It was stored inside too so we will see. Anyway glad to be back and hope to reconnect with everyone.

lambobuilder:
Thanks for sharing. These different methods build the community.

Lambo2005:
New here, but decided I would include the pictures of my power mirrors. I have a D&R kit and the mirrors are a two piece like OE so they can flex if bumped. I wasnt real sure what I was doing, so this may not be the best solution, but figured I'd share anyway. I started by going to the junkyard and finding a late model car with low mileage that had power mirrors and to be honest I dont remember model but it was a Buick. Then off to the hardware store for some "L" brackets and HD springs, bolts and fiberglass resin & hair.
I glassed in the "L" brackets in one side and a metal rod on the car side. basically attached by the spring.
Then I glassed in the rear of the Buick mirror mounting locations into the kit mirror.
Then just mount the power motor to the factory mounting locations glassed into my mirror. Then I just need to add the mirrors (havent done that yet)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version