Author Topic: BMW V12 harness and ECU  (Read 1365 times)

Linlor1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 2
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: BMW V12 harness and ECU
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2022, 11:48:16 AM »
Dana;

As it turns out, my info is on a CD I can no longer access.....  Along with a LOT of other old build photos and info...  Not sure what happened but it is toast.   If you are willing, could you please send to my email address don dot ostergard at gmail dot com?  That would be very much appreciated. 

I will also look for the thread Adrian mentioned.

EDIT:  Found Simon's writeup and added as a document here.  Also the link to the Worldwide document site is also below.

https://fdocuments.net/document/using-the-oem-engine-management-with-the-bmw-m70-engine-v12-using-oem-ecuspdfthe.html?page=1

Thanks all
Don
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 12:05:45 PM by Linlor1 »

Dana_Dunn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2022, 03:02:10 PM »
I have all the info and have an engine running on OEM computers on an engine stand. I am trying to figure out how to link a file to post

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2022, 09:14:01 AM »
There was also a pretty good write up done by Simon Appleby, if I am not mistaken he detailed everything that he needed, including the throttle pedal

Linlor1

• Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 11:18:16 AM »
I have a set of drawings and a write up somewhere from a fellow years ago, Jim Dinner, that showed how to use the V12 factory ECUs. Will try to find it as it was many year ago.  I remember him saying that he got it all working with one power wire??

Will have a look and post here if I find it.

Cheers
Don

aeauto

• Liked: 33
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 10:13:50 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I will pass the information along to my customer and maybe it will give him some ideas on how to proceed.

Jets303

• Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 09:58:31 AM »
I had one in my Murc replica and I used the factory wiring harness and sensors and it ran. I just took my time with the labeling the wiring before I removed the motor out of the car. I would unplug the harness and take voltage readings and then try to start it, if it didn't start, I knew it was important! I did have a harness that I bought from Adrian but I never used it. I sold it with my car. Someone used to make them.

I'm using the factory harness and ECU now in my Audi build and it runs great. Unless you are boosting it, the factory settings should work for you. It's N/A anyway.

Neils88

• Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 09:18:00 PM »
Some people use the mega squirt for the stand alone ECU on the V12. But you'd be on your own for making the harness. Not sure of who does those. It'll be a few more years before I start mine.

aeauto

• Liked: 33
BMW V12 harness and ECU
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 01:28:05 PM »
I am doing an adapter for a customer and he needs a wiring harness and stand alone ECU for a BMW M70 V12.  Anyone know of a source or someone who can make up what he needs?  Haltech is the only place I know of that might be able to do it and they are kinda pricey.