Author Topic: non-stretch Aventador  (Read 9029 times)

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
Re: non-stretch Aventador
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 03:42:23 PM »
  ::stop it'll never gonna look like a Lambo. please don't do it.  but that's my opinion, I'm wrong most of the time.

Onewickedsvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: non-stretch Aventador
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 02:51:52 PM »
It's a rediclous start. Either way you are greatly compromising the camaro integrity.It's front engine! Aside from that stretching the fiero fame is far safer than chopping the camaro.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:54:36 PM by Onewickedsvt »

ronin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
non-stretch Aventador
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 02:47:10 PM »
The whole safety issue with stretched cars has me spooked. So i have been looking in to a non-stretch option on something a little newer then the Fiero.

The obvious choice is the generation 4 Camaro. On top of not needing to be stretched, it's a front engine which means you have a good size trunk.

Now, kitcarinc.com came up with something like this (Mercy 4), but as Rob put it, "it looks like a Lamborghini with a big pregnant front end." not to mention ugly and out of spec in very obvious ways.

I found a picture online that compares the Mercy 4 to the real thing. I uploaded it to a free image host out of respect for the sight's bandwidth.

So my new plan is to basically do the same thing but with better quality obviously and with a more carefully thought out rescaling and relocating to make it's differences from the real Aventador less obvious and maybe even unnoticeable without sitting next to the real thing and still attractive where noticeable, and all with the least possible modification to the original vehicle. Enlarging the wheel wells and lowering the side window opening for instance makes the "larger front end" much less obvious. Slanting the windshield just a tiny bit also helps.

I'm still working on it and will be probably until actual construction is complete. I did get a start recently by doing some research on the Camaro, what I can and can't get away with and came up with the following photo shopped image.

Before you look at it, note that this platform shouldn't require any mods to the uni-body, will require changing of lights but to a similar displacement and will probably use all the same glass as the original car and only glass needed to go out and buy would be for the flaps or vents over the trunk (engine on the real car.

Another thing is this might cost but a fraction of what a Fiero build will cost. Since no one makes a shell, you have to make it yourself. It's going to take time but be a savings of $2000 to $3000. Then get rid of all the axle and suspension mods (another $1500 to $2000), no need for the stretch kit ($700) and so on. Perhaps an option for those of us on a very tight budget and/or concerned about safety.

Anyway, it's a start.