Author Topic: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!  (Read 199504 times)

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
Re: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2014, 04:21:18 AM »
That is exactly what I was after String thank you!!! I'm wondering if you couldn't help me out with dimensions on the upper tab? I've been trying to scale it off other peoples pics on the web but there aren't many good pics out there! Thanks again!!!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2014, 04:13:52 AM »
Oh , pics to explain fitment. ::wave
Oooh , Red leather.

String

• Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2014, 04:12:08 AM »
Kinda what I wanted to hear, I thought the right one looked better myself! Round 2 of questions, is it worth the time and money to add the appropriate part # tag similar to the one below, or  leave it off? I can have a stamp made (and do have a quote) but it's costly, I'll do it if people feel it's necessary!

And lastly should I have a hanger bracket like in the one pictured, or just make a way to weld the tip to  the exhaust pipe? Note: It's probably gonna be a little heavy!
Top and side mount brackets would be best surely , why reinvent the wheel - in as much as mounting the tailpipe to the bumper means you can get good visual alignment and then your exhaust pipe exits don't need to be bent quite so accurately and your exhaust system can resonate with your engine and the tailpipe stays nice and calm .
Oooh , Red leather.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2014, 08:21:32 PM »
Funny thing is I'm seeking decals for my car that I couldn't wait to remove from my boat lol! But that's a different story, I think when all said and done I want to be able to climb in my car and have the experience of sitting in a legitimate Supercar! I feel my goal is solely to fool myself, which is why I sweet the small stuff such as these decals!!!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2014, 08:13:25 PM »
I know i am double guilty when it comes to wanting better and cutting parts out and doing it again...for the 4th time...and not because it looked bad... but because i imagined it worse than it was and had to change it... and thats why i am the ::K of Fa !!

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2014, 07:54:23 PM »
Please don't take me the wrong way.  Chris you did a great job on those stickers/labels.  I even have a set for my Diablo that I intend to use.  I got caught up in the exactness syndrome and since I have them, I will use them.  I agree they add that "one last touch" to finish the build.
I just question myself at times for spending so much on things that could be left off and not too many people would even know.  Maybe I have just been working on my build too long and realize I spent a lot of time on stuff that won't make my build run any better or look much different for the unknowing spectator.  If I do it for us guys, sure we know, but the average Joe doesn't know what he's looking at anyway.
I appreciate all the work every one of us do to make these special builds.
Let's dazzle the rest of them.

RT

No offense taken RT and I thought that you actually brought up a very valid point that could become an issue someday. ::beers 

Chris

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2014, 07:47:41 PM »
Fyi, all labels can be purchased from Lamborghini relatively cheap. If you go on lambostuff.com and use their parts diagram. You can see where the labels are situated on the car and the prices. On the other hand, good job the labels Chris.

Not all of them..  ::toothy  I considered buying some of the less expensive decals from Lamborghini and printing out the more expensive decals with the decals that you can't order and decals that require special printing (VIN decal / paint tag).  I finally threw in the towel and just decided to print them all and avoid any shipping and inventory costs.  I went this way so I could offer them as a complete set and avoid piecing everything together.  I'm working on a instruction sheet that will include pictures of all the locations where these go on the car and this will be included in the decal set.

Chris
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:58:38 PM by No Bull »

RT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2014, 07:42:43 PM »
Please don't take me the wrong way.  Chris you did a great job on those stickers/labels.  I even have a set for my Diablo that I intend to use.  I got caught up in the exactness syndrome and since I have them, I will use them.  I agree they add that "one last touch" to finish the build.
I just question myself at times for spending so much on things that could be left off and not too many people would even know.  Maybe I have just been working on my build too long and realize I spent a lot of time on stuff that won't make my build run any better or look much different for the unknowing spectator.  If I do it for us guys, sure we know, but the average Joe doesn't know what he's looking at anyway.
I appreciate all the work every one of us do to make these special builds.
Let's dazzle the rest of them.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2014, 07:40:22 PM »
Good God!!! Where have you been hiding these! They look exceptional! Sign me up :drool

The perfectionist in me keeps going back and tweaking them but I think I'm finally ready to offer a couple sets to others who might be interested.  They are expensive to have printed so I'm only doing a couple sets at a time and the paint tag will have your paint code (Lamborghini or anything else) printed on them plus you'll receive the VIN decal with your VIN number printed in a readable bar code.

I'll post something more formal in the items for sale section but the price is $160 shipped anywhere in the 48 states.  PM me if you are interested and remember that they can take up to 2 weeks to arrive. 

Chris

LamboJayso

• Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2014, 07:36:27 PM »
Fyi, all labels can be purchased from Lamborghini relatively cheap. If you go on lambostuff.com and use their parts diagram. You can see where the labels are situated on the car and the prices. On the other hand, good job the labels Chris.
-Jayso

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2014, 07:29:54 PM »
Good God!!! Where have you been hiding these! They look exceptional! Sign me up :drool

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2014, 07:28:18 PM »
Some of them are laminated and some of them are not because of reflective issues.  For instance, the air bag decals were left non laminated because they are on the visor and dash and could create annoyance if the sun reflected off them.  In total I think we left about seven of them non laminated.  I was told that they would stand up to normal use with no problems and the only thing to avoid would be any type of solvents on the non laminated decals.  Since most of these are in the interior anyhow, I didn't see this as being a big problem since most guys don't use strong solvents on or around interior parts anyhow.

Chris

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2014, 07:22:08 PM »
are these laminated as well?

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2014, 07:09:17 PM »
You say rounded up? I have one of your door VIN tags, and I was curious if you were gonna make the others? And if not where were you able to acquire these?

Well.. what do you think?  :)  All printed in high quality waterproof vinyl and based on actual measurements of OEM decals and decals on a friends Murcielago.  While these are not 100% perfectly copied from the originals, each decal was a made from a custom made vector file which took many hours to get right. 

Chris
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:18:25 PM by No Bull »

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2014, 06:24:38 PM »
You say rounded up? I have one of your door VIN tags, and I was curious if you were gonna make the others? And if not where were you able to acquire these?