Author Topic: 180 degree headers  (Read 8030 times)

mish022

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: 180 degree headers
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 03:07:22 AM »
Tonypaul    thanks for ur advice

i already have turbo header and that's what i am going to do exactly

first i will install it to the car then i will go with 180 degrees or what ever should be better for the sound that's why i am asking now in this site to have all the info i need

180 degrees - fab or tubi system exhaust - that's what i got so far, can help me with the sound

thank you again

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 05:50:11 PM »
Hi Guys

thank you for good information I really appreciate it

first i have mid engine Gallardo with ls1

i am already going throw the transaxle , 01e with all parts required like : clutch , adopter , flywheel
starter , sump with oil pump
second option is boxster s transaxle 6 speed

now the only thing i want to have close sound of the real Gallardo >>> this is my point

i have read that the 180 degrees it will give me at least close sound better than the normal headers for ls1

for the turbo next week i am going to start ordering even single or twin turbo

today the garage told me to go with the twin turbo for better option and better set up

so should i go with 180 degrees - fab or tibi system exhaust or some more option to have at least good sound because i believe its impossible to have the same sound for the real car

thanks again 

Depends on your budjet.... A set of 180 degree LS1 headers will have to be custom made depending on your contacts it could run $1000+, you should be able to find a set of foward facing (rear facing in our cars) turbo headers for less than $300. The 180's will sound better on a LS1 but its not going to give you a V12 Lambo sound. Keep in mind you only hear the turbos when they spool (in boost or above 100kpa) which in normal in town driving isnt that often.

My advice- just get some foward facing LS1 headers like these- http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-LS6-LSX-GM-V8-Chevrolet-Up-Forward-Turbo-Headers-Manifolds-Header-Manifold-/191011875334?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7931ea06&vxp=mtr for now and finish you build completly. After its finished and running and if then your not happy with the sound or performance then add you a set of turbos and maybe a set of 180 headers.

mish022

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 02:23:19 PM »
Hi Guys

thank you for good information I really appreciate it

first i have mid engine Gallardo with ls1

i am already going throw the transaxle , 01e with all parts required like : clutch , adopter , flywheel
starter , sump with oil pump
second option is boxster s transaxle 6 speed

now the only thing i want to have close sound of the real Gallardo >>> this is my point

i have read that the 180 degrees it will give me at least close sound better than the normal headers for ls1

for the turbo next week i am going to start ordering even single or twin turbo

today the garage told me to go with the twin turbo for better option and better set up

so should i go with 180 degrees - fab or tibi system exhaust or some more option to have at least good sound because i believe its impossible to have the same sound for the real car

thanks again 

tonypaul

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 07:04:15 PM »
To answer your question- no, even with 180 degree headers and turbos it still willnot sound like a real Lamborghini.

To keep the 180 degree pulse sound you would need to run twin turbos. But even with one turbo your going to paying $7000 plus for a longitual trans axle to handle anything over 600 foot pounds of torque. You will more than likely need custom build headers put adapters, clutch, shifter, cables, ect. Then the turbo side your going to need turbos, wastegates, fuel injectors, fuel pumps, BOV's, ect. Then there is the engine management and most importantly a good tuner.

All said your adding atleast $20k to your build on top what whatever your building, but if you have the cash to blow- go for it!
This was done on a tight budjet (and kind of bad design) but it could give you some ideas- http://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1709382-twin-turbo-4-8-ferrari-308gt4-project-pre-startup-qs.html
What are you building?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 07:12:25 PM by tonypaul »

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 05:01:19 PM »
If on one bank you are going to merge it to one in order to put a turbo on, then take the one large pipe out of the turbo and somehow merge it to the four small collectors from the other bank in some form of a 180 setup, the answer to your question would be: Absolutely no effect on the sound, assuming that the sound of the real thing that you are trying to duplicate is a Harley Davidson. This setup is going to be a poor performance option as ShulzeA said, is going to be difficult and expensive to build, and is going to look worse than it sounds or performs. Why do you want a turbo in the first place? A decent LS will make more power than you can ever get to the ground. 

mish022

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 01:27:39 PM »
SchulzeA   your right after I did some search and talk to the garage
I have to install the turbo in the center of the both bank , I have to join the bank after that installing the turbo

the only thing I want to know : I want 180  degrees to have the sound close to the real car sound
does the turbo effect the sound of the 180 degrees ?

thanks

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 08:03:45 PM »
The engine probably won't perform right if you run the turbo off of one bank. One bank would be free flowing while they other is trying to spool up the turbo. You'll want the full exhaust flow feeding the turbo for quicker spool time anyway.

mish022

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 04:10:36 AM »
SchulzeA   good information thank you

76mx  your right this is the only two options I have if I am going to have the single turbo but I think the first option that I will put the turbo on one side of the headers >>>> I have to double check !

tonypaul  ammm I am still looking for transaxle I have one right now but I want to change for sure next month , please PM if you have transaxle or headers

thank you guys

tonypaul

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 11:29:20 PM »
What transmission do you have? I have a set of LS1 180 degree headers that came off a sandrail with a Mendeola transmission. 

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 07:19:21 PM »
Are you giong to put your single turbo on only one side of your 180 headers, or are you going to plumb your turbo in way back past where the two sides finally totally merge? Seems the second option would stick the turbo out past the rear bumper, but I do not think you will find a set of headers that plumbs a turbo into just one side.

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 03:03:05 PM »
The turbo will work fine with 180 headers. But it will most likely neutralize the 180 degree effect after the exhaust gasses reach the turbine housing.

mish022

180 degree headers
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 02:46:24 PM »
Hi guys

I am looking for 180 degree headers for ls1 engine , any one knows where I can find it

and if I am going to have single turbo on the car , does the 180 headers work with it or it will be conflicting ?