Author Topic: Aventador door glass issue  (Read 2251 times)

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
Re: Aventador door glass issue
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 05:46:31 AM »
Viper alarms makes a window indexing module that will lower and raise when you arm the alarm

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 10:00:17 PM »
That problem was addressed on here 6 mo. / year ago.  Run a search.  Maybe it can be found.
Jim

Found it!  How to tips/Electrical/"Roadster window and lock wiring schematic".  It's on Page #2.  The fix is related to the "Diablo Roadster" but the result is to drop the window before opening the door.  Thumbs up  ::thumbup to RT for his work on this problem. ::salute ::salute ::salute
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:30:38 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 08:37:18 PM »
same set up with electronics ,on the 2013 Mustang,s
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

plans4sale

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 60
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 08:23:52 PM »
 Yes, the Aventador uses preliminary pull of the power window by couple of centimetres (about one inch) before the door latch is released for opening the door. It's the very same basic principle seen in the Peugeot 406 coupe or Mercedes-Benz CL. Once the door closes again, the power window goes up inside the upper seal's slot. This is by far the best possible solution to, both, keeping a frameless door glass stable at high speeds, and provide watertight sealing. Keep in mind that in case of Aventador the power window is guided by a metal rail glued to its front side. The latter also includes a rubber sealing to close the gap next to the front quarter window.
Custom 3d car & chassis design: https://www.facebook.com/sportni.koli.3
Finnluxury Tritium (FLT) body kit and chassis: https://www.facebook.com/finnluxury

rotarycraig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 13
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Aventador door glass issue
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 05:40:33 PM »
Im not building an aventador but a peculiar problem has been on my mind about them. First, does the door glass lower before the door opens and closes like the new camaro's? This allows proper seating into the seals and lessens the stress on the door glass and glass guides. it eliminates that whistle while at speed after s few years of ownership.

So, in my thinking, the use of a micro switch in the door handles to let a pre programmed controller (andruino) know to power the door glass relay for a split second to allow the opening, and some sort of mercury switch to let the controller know the door is in a closed position to put the window up. This is must my theory, and I know nothing about andruino boards but know they are very versatile and do just about anything you program them to.

Thoughts?