Author Topic: Venta-R / OEM Build  (Read 3648 times)

LP700-4

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 43
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: Venta-R / OEM Build
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 09:10:59 AM »
thanks for the link..that is a really good price.  to bad shipping would cost a fortune to get it here

AsantiLP

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »
If you need an OEM aventador diffuser for you build here is one for sale on craigslist. :)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/d/lamborghini-aventador-rear/6755290013.html

wayne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 09:01:26 AM »
I will hook you up as soon as I get the monocoque.

LP700-4

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 08:38:50 AM »
If you need the outline of the front fixed window, the one shaped like a triangle then I may be able to help you with that. I’m waiting on them to send the monocoque and it supposed to have the driver side still intact.

I would be interested in the triangle window and also the lower section of the door jam (chassis part visible with the door open up through the latch side of the door jam. 

wayne

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 08:55:01 AM »
If you need the outline of the front fixed window, the one shaped like a triangle then I may be able to help you with that. I’m waiting on them to send the monocoque and it supposed to have the driver side still intact.

LP700-4

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 06:52:42 AM »
Very nice!  I have the actual door glass measurements if you need them.

Thanks and thank you for the offer.  My friend Neil sent me an outline of his OEM door glass.

Footcutter

• Liked: 142
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 3D car printing
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 03:03:34 PM »
Very nice!  I have the actual door glass measurements if you need them.

LP700-4

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 02:10:27 PM »
Today I worked on getting the roof distance from the top of the door to the bottom of the drip rail correct.  I used my Pocher model to pull measurements from and then used these to figure out the correct location of the roof and A pillars.  I also used the model to determine where the door glass is suppose to fit in relation to the door.  I was really close with the rear portion of the door glass but was way off in the front.  After a few hours I ended up separating the front fender from the A-pillar piece and was able to get it all to line up nicely.  I still have to do the passengers side.

After that I cut out the passengers rear fender and installed an OEM one in its place.  I forgot to take a photo of the fender installed.  I will do that next time I am out there.  The OEM fuel filler door and housing fit perfectly!!

LP700-4

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 02:58:32 PM »
I have not done anything to the car since my last update...  Maybe next weekend if all goes well I can get back out there

wayne

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 02:00:16 PM »
Glenn did you get the inside door structure to work for you? I’m following your build. Maybe we can work something out on the monocoque when I get it.

LP700-4

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 07:38:39 AM »

Your build is awesome. do you have pictures of the work done on the passenger side?

Thank you

The passenger side is not as far along as the drivers.  Once I get the drivers side sorted out then I will finish that side as well. 

Theoneabove

• Liked: 7
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 01:29:19 AM »
Hello all,

i decided to continue my Aventador build on this forum since I am having an issue over at the MM forum.  I was trying to upload photos from Photobucket and was having trouble getting them to work properly on the MM site.  After a couple attempts the site blocked my IP address so I can no longer even visit the site from home.  At work all is fine... anyway, I decided to continue the build here after several attempts to contact the site administrator with no luck.

On to the build...  A brief review...  This is an Inspire Venta-R kit that is being combined with lots of OEM parts.  The chassis is a tube chassis and will have an Audi 4.2 V8.  Here's a link to the build so far http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/18902-venta-r-build.html

Over the last few weekends I have been working on better alignment of the panels.  I think I finally have the rear section where I want it (I hope) as this is the 3rd or 4th time doing this... 

Now that I am happy with the alignment of the rear panels and doors I can start working of the mounting brackets and hinges for the "moveable air assemblies".
Your build is awesome. do you have pictures of the work done on the passenger side?

LP700-4

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 02:48:21 PM »
Spent some time out in the garage today.  I decided to start to make the hinges for the moveable air assemblies, aka "batwings".  The OEM setup seems relatively easy to make, its a 1-1/2" wide hinge that attaches to an l-bracket.   First thing I needed to do was to extend the length of the hinges.  The weldable hinges I bought at McMaster Carr are only 3/4 long.  I welded metal to both ends of the hinge so that i could make them the length that I needed.  After that I drilled some holes and a couple slots into the hinge.  My slots are not the best as I have to drill a hole and then file the slot in.  Probably 50 better ways to do this.  The second part is an l-bracket.  This is the part that bolts to the rear fender while the hinge bolts to the batwing.   

Before you ask why didn't I just make the hinge and l-bracket one piece... well, by leaving it as two pieces I now have adjust-ability in all three axis, forward/reverse, left/right and up/down.  I think this is why the OEM hinges are the same way??  So far I made 1 set, 3 more to go but I am already tired of making hinges...

Next, I decided to see how well the engine trim pieces and the engine cover that Nate (Inspire) made.  If you read my build on the other site, you will know that I needed to move the firewall forward in order to get the trim pieces to fit properly.
 In case you missed that, the Venta-R is not long enough to use the OEM engine trim without some modifications.  Now it fits like it should.

Then came the Engine cover...  Since it was not design to fit any engine specifically, I needed to notch it quite a bit to get it into the correct position and height. This was expected. Nate is also making me a new carbon covered center section that fits the OEM emblem.  Hopefully he completes that sometime soon.

LP700-4

Venta-R / OEM Build
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 07:16:50 AM »
Hello all,

i decided to continue my Aventador build on this forum since I am having an issue over at the MM forum.  I was trying to upload photos from Photobucket and was having trouble getting them to work properly on the MM site.  After a couple attempts the site blocked my IP address so I can no longer even visit the site from home.  At work all is fine... anyway, I decided to continue the build here after several attempts to contact the site administrator with no luck.

On to the build...  A brief review...  This is an Inspire Venta-R kit that is being combined with lots of OEM parts.  The chassis is a tube chassis and will have an Audi 4.2 V8.  Here's a link to the build so far http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/18902-venta-r-build.html

Over the last few weekends I have been working on better alignment of the panels.  I think I finally have the rear section where I want it (I hope) as this is the 3rd or 4th time doing this... 

Now that I am happy with the alignment of the rear panels and doors I can start working of the mounting brackets and hinges for the "moveable air assemblies".

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:20:08 AM by LP700-4 »