Author Topic: Aventador monocoque  (Read 9577 times)

Neils88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: Aventador monocoque
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2020, 09:51:01 PM »
The roof looks great, Wayne! What are you working on next?

wayne

• Liked: 28
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2020, 03:20:44 PM »
I am making slow progress on my Aventador kit. What do you guys think about my roof?

LP700-4

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2018, 07:01:53 AM »
https://www.flickr.com/photos/162725451@N07/shares/5484rh

Your link doesn't work...

For my build I am using as many OEM body panels as possible except I am using a custom tube chassis.  Anyway, I was wondering if you have oem or fiberglass copies of the little panels that sit in front of the moveable air assemblies.  These are the little body panels that transition from the movable air assy to the roof.  I would also be looking for the trim pieces that go around the window on the coupe.  actually, I could use a lot of OEM parts but my non existing budget stops me from going to crazy...

mtmlambo

• Liked: 4
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2018, 08:41:57 AM »
Gotcha.  Well if your ever looking to sell anything that you might splash or dup hit me up.  I always buy anything aventador.  Vice versa if you need anything let me know.  I have multiples of every single aventador part for both coupe and roadster including multiple monocoques.  I have a monocoque for sale for 55K with salvage.  I'll include dashboard frame with it.  My advice to you would be to ditch the rear and front frames if your not going with the original push-rod suspension setup.  First off the rear frame is garbage.  You could build something much stronger for your application.  Second, you could literally dup the front and rear and grab all the mount points necessary and sell the 2 frames and have 10-15k extra.  Unless your trying to register this thing as an aventador, you would be much better off recreating the cockpit in steel or aluminum.  just my 2 cents, but i can assure you that if you think your going to grab a monocoque and slowly build this thing using all original, your going to be at another 100k-125k easy.  If you have original front and rear frame, I have every single frame bracket for both front and rear if interested.   One other option for you would be to use a murci chassis and rework it to go with the panels.  Heres some pics of just some of the stuff I have for the aventador.  I also have 2 sets of COMPLETE SV interior for a coupe, brand new as well as a complete S exterior.  Good luck with build
https://www.flickr.com/photos/162725451@N07/shares/5484rh

wayne

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2018, 07:46:47 AM »
Thanks for your reply. I have the front and rear frame and a bunch of other parts for my build and have way less than $30k invested so far. I have not found any Aventadors that have been damaged for sale for under $125k so I think I’m gonna keep on going with my build and besides that my wife would never be on board buying one for $125k plus so the only way I’m gonna get on is buying individual parts and build my own. Thanks

mtmlambo

• Liked: 4
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2018, 08:11:14 PM »
I don’t jump on the boards my anymore but saw this post and figured I’d chime in as I’ve restored 2 aventadors from the ground up and working on a third.  Someone on this chat suggested it would be cheaper for you to buy one at auction and I have to agree with him.  Unless you have the front frame, and rear frame and at that point you would be keeping at the very least both push-rod suspension setups and basically doing an engine swap to an LS or something like that, the monocoque isn’t going to be much help.  No one is going to replicate the monocoque in the exact fashion lambo built it.  I don’t care what size their clave is, they would basically have to cut up the monocoque to figure out how they formed the structural aluminum woven into it (the monocoque is not all carbon).  Second, after the 30k spend (you won’t find one state side that has a salvage title for that, you would be more like 60–70k) what exactly would be the benefit of having it? Aside from the roofline.  I apologize in advance if I’ve missed the meaning as to what you would actually do with the monocoque but the amount of money you would be spending to basically have something that is going to be of no use to you, I would grab one of auction for 125-150k and make that the project.  But in the long run financially speaking, that is going to cost you 125k ontop of that just to get it going, where as I would just sit and wait and snatch a slightly higher mileage one up for 225k range. 

wayne

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2018, 08:45:08 AM »
Got the monocoque paid off now I’m waiting for them to ship it to me, still looking for a roof if anyone has one? Thanks

wayne

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 12:18:09 PM »
Greetings to everyone. I finally found a damaged monocoque that I am buying but it’s gonna be 2 or 3 months before I have it paid off and then my build will begin. If anyone has a copy of an OE roof for a coupe please get in contact with me as that’s the part I need to source. Thanks

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2018, 12:13:54 PM »
Nope!  I couldn't find it either.  Lots of "Old" chatter about the monocoque but dated to 2013.  Special layered resin saturated pieces cooked in an oven over the molds type of process.  I always hear that it's lighter and stronger than steel then I watch a F1 smack into a barrier and burst into a thousand pieces and the driver is pulled out with two multi-fractured legs.  If you are going to make your own, better take a flashlight as I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.  Make sure that you vacuum bag your pieces but will that even be enough?
https://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/14/lamborghini-aventador-lp700-4-bares-its-carbon-fiber-monocoque/

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

wayne

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2018, 04:16:35 AM »
I’m not sure, never heard about anything like that but it would be nice to know if they did have problems and if they did have to add additional support.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 12:09:48 PM »
https://www.3d-dataworld.com/2016/04/11/lamborghini-aventador-superveloce-3d-scan/

Wasn't that the monocoque that Lamborghini had problems with being too flexible and had to be strengthened with steel?

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

ardillo lambo

• Liked: 9
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 06:03:09 AM »
alright!!! can't wait to see it

wayne

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2018, 04:50:31 PM »
Ok stay tuned because I am working with a reputable company that is probably going to make a monocoque for me out of foam that will be a starting point for me. I will be making payments so it will be a while before I actually get the monocoque made out of foam. I will still have to build a frame into the monocoque but that will come after I get the foam monocoque so stay tuned for more.

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2018, 03:12:14 PM »
Wayne, best of luck with your project and I am envious of your financial clout. There is one more thing that I do not understand. What are you going to do for a body? I have been to Carlos' shop in Mexico and also went this last March to Rhode Island to see Carl at Duraflex. Those are the only two Aventador bodies available that I am aware of, and neither one is exactly accurate in wheelbase and dimension. My trips were to verify the tweaks needed to make my chassis fit them correctly, and I now have a chassis version that does. Your exact replica $30,000+ monocoque will not fit them. Are you going to spend another fortune to replicate the body?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:24:07 PM by 76mx »

wayne

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 09:56:04 AM »
Ardillo thanks for your input but I am sure that 76mx and many others started out somewhere and they didn’t just have their vision and thoughts complete without a lot of trial and error. I am sure 76mx chassis is an excellent choice as I have only heard great things about it but I am just trying to do something different as I have a vision of what I would like to  accomplish.