How To - Tips > Interior

Which steering column for Fiero based Diablo Roadster?

(1/3) > >>

Wookie77:
Neils88, that sounds like a viable option too. Maybe easier to source than the Alfa Romeo column. My donor was an ‘85 GT. I will need to hit the junkyard and see what I can find. Going to get some headlights for my build on Monday so I will scope out the yard.

Neils88:
I used a 2006 Cobalt steering shaft on my build (Aventador on 88 Fiero). It has an EPS... though you'd have to figure out how to wire that (I'm building my own controller once I have time to devote to that). The good thing about the EPS is that the steering works fine even if it's not wired right away... so wiring can be done at a later date after the rest of the build is finished. The steering column was relatively easy to install.

You can find info on it about a third of the way down the first page of my build thread...

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/134807.html

Bartman:

--- Quote from: Jets303 on May 27, 2020, 04:08:52 PM ---I used a Sebring column on my Fiero based murci build but I would highly recommend an electric assist column from the chevy equinox. I installed one in my Aventador build and also installed a potentiometer and you can change the assist with a twist of the pot. When turned up all the way, I can spin the wheel with my pinky

--- End quote ---

You got any pics of the rack installed?  I'd like to see that!  I've got an app that might be the trick

Wookie77:
Sweet thanks Lambodoc. I will look around and see what I can find.

diablodoc:
All 164 years are the same.  Good luck on your build.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version