The Forum > Other Topics

What is a Good kit car budget?

<< < (6/6)

ShockDaMonkey:
I'm just trying to figure out What is a fair amount. And a good budget to stay in.

ShockDaMonkey:
What I mean by recycled parts is a Donor car because most likely you're going to be using a crashed donor car.

So that's why I don't want to use any recycled parts. Which means they would be all new parts.

Neils88:
Not sure what you mean by no recycled parts? We often have to find used oem parts to use and in some cases we find badly broken oem parts and then repair them to use. If oem parts aren't available... or more likely are out of reach because of the price, then non oem parts get modified for use. This all sounds like recycling to me.

nickmkk:
Are you building it yourself, paying to have one built, or buying one already built?

If you're having someone build it just don't, you're going to get scammed.

If you're buying one already built be very careful, there is a lot of garbage cars out there. Make sure to inspect the chassis, suspension, body reinforcement & mounting, door hinges & glass, everything. Most "replicas" being sold are garbage that need a ton of work to fix.

If you,re building it yourself know that these cars are not easy to build, it takes an incredible amount of skill and time to do it right.  If you don't have much fabrication experience you're in for a tough time, be prepared for it to take many years and a lot of money to learn, even then you'll probably end up with garbage unless you have a really good mentor and a lot of patience.

As far as budget that depends on how good it is/you want to make it. Expect it to cost more than you think. But seriously if you're not a fabricator I recommend avoiding these cars all together.

ShockDaMonkey:
what is a Decent budget for a Complete kit car $40k to $65k With no recycled parts ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version