Author Topic: LP640 Roadster - Engine Cover Hinge Diminsions Needed  (Read 2306 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: LP640 Roadster - Engine Cover Hinge Diminsions Needed
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 10:45:53 PM »
Here are the measurements, both the coupe & roadster use the same hinge.
http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=393.0

Unfortunately, this style of hinge won't work on a Fiero for a roadster build b/c the strut tower/frame is in the way. Coupe, yes, b/c it gets mounted on the other end of the decklid.

Thanks Jay.. I thought I remembered something being posted about this but I couldn't recall who posted it or when.  The rear half of my car will consist of a custom frame mated to a Fiero tub, so this won't be an issue.  I'm use the measurements you've provided and scale the picture of the hinges I have on my computer so I can print them out "actual size".  I'll cut these out and use them to make my templates and then transfer this to a jig on my welding bench.  I should end up with an identical pair or hinges that follow the originals pretty closely and this will work well with my OEM splashed rear engine cover (pictures to follow soon).

Thanks again,

Chris

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
Re: LP640 Roadster - Engine Cover Hinge Diminsions Needed
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 10:12:44 PM »
Here are the measurements, both the coupe & roadster use the same hinge.
http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=393.0

Unfortunately, this style of hinge won't work on a Fiero for a roadster build b/c the strut tower/frame is in the way. Coupe, yes, b/c it gets mounted on the other end of the decklid.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:16:32 PM by LamboJayso »
-Jayso

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
LP640 Roadster - Engine Cover Hinge Diminsions Needed
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 09:21:24 PM »
Does anyone have the following dimensions from an OEM roadster engine cover hinge?

If so, please provide?  I want to make a cardboard template that I'll use to make a jig on my welding table so I can bend a set of these up for my car.

Thanks,

Chris