The Forum > Other Topics

R8 wrap by Spyder, and curious about wraps.

(1/2) > >>

Tallon:
Lots of lambos are wrapped a different color it's just looks like paint so it's hard to tell the difference

No Bull:
Personally I think the wraps are best for protection if you are having the car autographed (I see a lot of charity cars use this process) or if you want some type of detailed graphics or print for advertising, racing or something unique.  I've seen pictures of a "chrome' wrapped Murci that looked really cool and probably wouldn't have been possible without using the wrap.  I'm planning on using good ole fashioned pearl white with some tastefully applied racing / sponsor decals and this should give it the race car effect.   8)

Chris   

Tallon:
Yeah the wraps are pretty expensive
I think I'd get bored with one color for too long but I'm still doing mine in pearl white paint to begin with. If I ever get to that stage that is.
My girlfriend doesn't even want me doing it in white LOL

I think the matte violet looks amazing, but would I keep it as the permanent color probably not.

SchulzeA:

--- Quote from: Tallon on May 09, 2012, 11:20:16 AM ---That makes sense but you also see some quality paint jobs with cheap paint out there, just saying. I'm not a painter though.

--- End quote ---

It may look perfect, the problem is, for how long? I painted a 56 chevy that turned out nice but they guy insisted on using Summit racing paint. I prepped everything as usual and the paint ended up pulling away and bubbling is some areas after a year.
Also, painting isn't hard. There's a ton of informative videos online that will walk you through the process.

MDMurcy2:
Yeah, I've been told you have to have a nice clean paint job to begin with.   SO....like you said, defeats the purpose really.  Gotta spend a ton of time and money in paint just to cover it up, which I'm finding out the costs of the wraps, reputable ones, are outrageous!   Guess this is more for those guys with money, unlike me, that get bored having a Lamborghini or Bugatti or other, in one color for too long.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version