Author Topic: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"  (Read 127217 times)

batbuilder

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 58
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 12:55:56 AM »
Second engine I got from another old guy that was trying to rebuild a 2001 Grand Prix. He did body work on the side and this project just turned out to be too much for him. He had cut so much of the unibody away the bodyshop that was suppose to straighten the the frame refused to work on it. He was a Word War II vet in his 80s and just loved to talk. First of I just have so much admiration for these veterans and loved to hear the stories. My dad was a gunnery sargent in the US Marines serving in Korea and two tours in Vietnam. He died 14 years ago but I think about him often and honor him by thanking veterans and active duty for their service. I was in the Navy and was a little disappointing being the son of a marine but I new how hard it was to be a Marine. Anyways we settled on a price of $1200 for the car. The engine had 125,000 miles on it and we found out later a cracked head but I'm glad I bought it and save this veteran from another disappointment.

batbuilder

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 12:44:31 AM »
Bought a 3800 with a supercharger from an old guy in Rocklin. He had bought the engine from Parts Planet in 2005 with only 53,000 docuemented miles. It was from a 1999 Buick Riviera. He had planned on putting it in a sand car. Unfortunately his wife died that same year and the engine just sat in his garage until I bought it in 2012. We had a nice talk very interesting guy even worked in the Klondike in Alaska. Well long story short he sold me the engine, computer, little engine dolley he made for $1000. Then he gave me three large service manuals for the engine. I thanked him profusely and promised him I would send him pics of the finished car. Thanks again Don

batbuilder

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 12:20:44 AM »
I started with a 1988 Fiero. Didn't know at the time about the isuzu 5 speed so I am planning on upgrading to the Muncie 5 speed...Trying to attach one pic of my donor car but says its not working. That's a bummer.... The car was stretched and body soft mounted by Rob. Had another picture but won't load. Have some pics of a real Mercielago I got to see while I was in Phoenix visiting Rob. Their really nice photos. Browser says they may be too large which is weird since I took them with my Iphone. 2 megapixel. Guess I'll try again tomorrow....

batbuilder

batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 12:05:53 AM »
Hi guys, wanted to start a build log on my LP640 replica I like to call "No Mercie". Trying to build an American muscle with European styling fun car. Your going to have to bear with me since I'm a little slow on the computer thing. I will try and post pics as I move slowly through this build. Thanks for looking.....batbuilder