Author Topic: Unindentified LP Object  (Read 2308 times)

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
Re: Unindentified LP Object
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »

To be fair, John Watson stopped taking orders some time ago and he has admittedly had health problems that he made everyone aware of.  He has also been trying to fulfill the orders he has and has refused to let his molds go until he's made all of these commitments.  s

Sure would be nice if someone -reputable - would honor all of johns past commitment , without suggesting that buyers go and help finish their own kits themselves which they already paid for , and legitimately took over production of the Watson molds .  That would be the Right way to take over Watsons molds - first produce everything that is back ordered and still owed to people. Then start taking new orders

Not someone trying to take deposits on new Watson bodies and promising a 4 week delivery time. You will anger 90% of the kit car community if you deliver new orders in 4 weeks while patient old order sit unfulfilled on the back burner

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 07:05:48 PM »
Actually just saw the video ... who would even make a body that poorly
Rob and Cki - they both turn out crap like that and they are the only suppliers since Watson can't seem to fulfill orders

To be fair, John Watson stopped taking orders some time ago and he has admittedly had health problems that he made everyone aware of.  He has also been trying to fulfill the orders he has and has refused to let his molds go until he's made all of these commitments.  Let's keep in mind that John is no spring chicken when it comes to this business and he's supplied bodies like the AD355 for years prior to the Lamborghini parts he was selling last year. 

I just told someone yesterday that if they really want to buy a body now, the only option I'm aware of is CKI.  I also told him to be prepared to deal with the quality issues and all the extra work you'll put into it fabricating what is simply not there (mounting tabs etc).  I advised him to make sure he receives a full body package and it doesn't contain parts from the G24's (Mercy 1) that they also sell.  I went on to tell him to be sure he picks it up in person so Jackie cares more about what is being loaded on the trailer (quality and completeness) and photograph / inventory everything before you drive away and have Jackie sign it.

I have an older CKI body and I simply would never buy another one again.  On top of the $4,000 for the CKI body, I have another $4,000 in Watson panels and I'll probably have another $2,000 in materials and 200 hours in labor that will be involved in making everything work together.  Do the quick math and I'll have around $10,000 in parts and at $50 an hour, another $10,000 in my own labor just to get a body in good enough shape for paint. 

As I've said before... if I could've bought a quality and complete roadster body for $8,000 I would've bought it and spent only 50 hours of time in it to bring it to the same (or better) level.  You live and you learn and hopefully others will learn from the mistakes of others like me but at the end of the day, anyone can do as the please and learn on their own.

Chris 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 05:36:24 AM by No Bull »

Tusabes

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 04:29:14 AM »
Rob and Cki - they both turn out crap like that and they are the only suppliers since Watson can't seem to fulfill orders

Transcend

• Liked: 4
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 01:55:44 AM »

Tusabes

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 01:53:04 AM »
Did you see the video ? The stretch was garbage it would need all the welds ground off and completely redone

The whole chassis was built too high and the kit can't sit down where its supposed to

The car was ruined beyond the point of just starting with a new one

Transcend

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 01:49:48 AM »
So whats wrong with the kit actually?

The body looks made of different kit sets

But it does come with a stretched Fiero - How much does that usually cost?

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • YOLO
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 08:43:33 PM »
wow this kit had such a bad life! Faux shared this post on MM and the message should be clear

Tusabes

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 07:36:04 PM »
That's the one the guy on MM is thinking of buying for $1000

Not worth $100

Murci-Me

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »
OMG, turns out I know this guy!

Murci-Me

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 07:00:50 PM »
LMAO, he's even including exterior ROADSTER door skins for the build! This seller obviously knows nothing about what he's selling, and has a 50% feedback store which should be a red flag to anyone considering buying from him.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 07:09:09 PM by Murci-Me »

Murci-Me

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 06:46:03 PM »
Theres only 1 LP640 body in CA thats selling for !K, and if its who I think it is, the guy should run the other way as fast as he can! Its the one that was at North Valley Auto Body, and its a wreck from our favorite "budget" body seller! (can anybody guess who that is?) I cant log into MM to warn this guy, somebody else should!
Remember this video I posted over a year ago................?

Inland Exotics Build
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 07:02:31 PM by Murci-Me »

Transcend

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 05:54:58 PM »
I just might be a jerk and buy it out from under this guy :D

Glendale is a 45 min drive for me
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 07:10:20 PM by No Bull »

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • YOLO
Unindentified LP Object
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 04:40:35 PM »
Is this real? Who's LP640 is this and how did the build just decide it's worth almost nothing :o now the price of my kit therefore equals to nothing too! I didn't see anything on eBay for the past few weeks - I mean I just bought my kit two weeks ago! And a few guys joined the forum here looking for this same body (two from California) and no one detected the alleged body anywhere! And he comes along and buys it off of a Stretched Fiero for $1,000 including an interior  ::beers I already like this guy! That's not madmechanics, that's MadMarketing

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/general-kitcar-chat/17345-where-buy-kit-car-body-parts-interior-exterior.html

If this is true then thumbs up. If it doesn't go through - then...

Here it is for everyone to see
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Lamborghini-LP640-Fiberglas-Body-Kit-Replica-Lambo-stretched-car-/330911667834?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0bdf567a&vxp=mtr
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:04:08 PM by am33r »