Author Topic: Countach bodies?  (Read 12217 times)

Electro_boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Countach bodies?
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2014, 04:15:12 PM »
Many thanks! I was leaning in the three phase AC motor direction, but I like the look of their dual Siamese warp 11" motor. Just need to figure out how I'll fit it in... ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If it ain't broken, then why are these electrons all over the floor?

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2014, 05:11:52 PM »
Electro_boy, This design started out by Flavio as an electric concept but the chassis development is for conventional power. I have had several meetings with a company that wants to use this design as the flagship car for their alternate drivetrain and some design work has been done to establish that this was feasible, but at this point it is not a confirmed direction. Regardless, I can still help with suggestions on motors and controllers from knowledge on previous projects. Netgain would be my motor of choice and there are several models. They are nationally distributed by George Hamstra at go-ev.com located in the Chicago area. The controller that they sell is actually manufactured by Ryan Bohm at evsource.com north of Salt Lake. Both men are knowledgeable and helpful and I would recommend them. Also, Ryan's shop is not big or fancy but the conversions and manufacturing that they do there is cool stuff if you ever find yourself I that area.     

Electro_boy

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 06:00:09 PM »
Also, I see from the rear picture that you are planning to make it electric... That's what I'm planning too. What motor(s) and controllers etc. are you using, if you know yet?

Electro_boy

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2014, 05:58:15 PM »
There's a window design in the book 'How to build your own supercar' where it pivots across a roller. It solves the angle problem you are talking about. The glass needs to be a bit thicker than standard, because a spring presses against it when it's closed, to ensure it seals properly. It might be worth a look. I'm planning to go with the half window for my countach...

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »
Yes, I've seen it. It looks like it is a modified NAERC to me. Please post some details once you get it in your possession. I am very interested.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

RUNDLC

• Liked: 5
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2014, 01:14:35 PM »
Big, I am looking at picking it up, it may be another 6 8 weeks before ill have enough to actually get it. It is very much like the NAERC.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2014, 12:13:28 PM »
RUNDLC,

I'd love to see some pics of that chassis. Are you happy with the quality? Did you get the regular version or the rolling chassis? How much does is weigh?
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

RUNDLC

• Liked: 5
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2014, 11:23:55 PM »
Hey 76, I had actually almost forgot about this as a possible project.  Is it true that the wheel base is the same as an OEM countach? I am thinking about getting an ascc chassis but believe it's a 104.3  What are you looking at time wise for a finished product. I may pm you for further info.

Thanks RUNDLC

76mx

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2014, 03:29:12 PM »
I wouldn't give them the credit (or infringe on their copyright) and I thought I was very clear on this, but let me quote myself from two posts ago "You will never see an image from me that says Lambo on it". Flavio Adrianni of Brazil did the design and built the file and I cannot give him enough credit.

dthami2

• Davey T
  • Liked: 2
  • Countach, Murcielago, Testarossa, 2 Vendettas
    • Davey T Hamilton
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 11:47:23 AM »
if you designed this style body why would you give lamborghini the credit? maybe they inspired the idea but if i built one of these kits i wouldn't badge it as it's an original concept. the inventor should get the credit..
Davey T Hamilton

76mx

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2014, 11:30:42 PM »
   Bigpines, Eric and RT are exactly right, it is not the window size that is restrictive, it is the inward angle of the window. The door skin is about 90 degrees to the ground plane where the window is about 45 degrees. When the window goes down, it goes out about an equal amount, quickly hitting the door skin.
   RT, thank you and I too am a big fan of butterfly doors. Fran at RCR did a great deal of developmental work on a spherical hinge that he uses on his SuperLite Coupe. He has offered his technical assistance and parts on this project. If you look at the side view, particularly the back top of the door above the Naca duct, and picture a Lambo door motion, you will see why I too am interested in this solution.
   Eddie, thank you for your additional images but everyone realize that those were published by Flavio before our association and you will never see an image from me that says Lambo on it.
   Digibeam, although the wheelbase, track, and other specs are Countach (with the exception of a 1" taller roof), it was Flavio's original idea to offer an electric concept. I should have made it more clear in my answer to Notnilc20 that this is the final design for the taillights, below them there are dual stainless Magnaflow mufflers in the conventional version. I can still do a rear skirt like that if you pursue an electric version.
   LP670Mike, did you think that you would get 36 responses to a simple question about a Countach body? Pics are coming.   

Digibeam

• Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2014, 10:43:14 PM »
So also keep in mind these cars were designed as electric versions.  I am also thinking I would like to make that come to reality building with that intention  ::K

eddie

• Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 08:26:10 PM »
couple side  shots of it

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 07:42:45 PM »
The thing about the side windows on the Countach is not the amount of glass (The Diablo glass goes down but not all of the glass can fit in the bottom of the door), it is the angle of the glass in the door frame will not allow the glass to slide down its track and end up inside the lower door without taking a sharp turn.  (Glass cannot make a sharp turn.)
I think the sliding glass half-window trick would work as long as there is enough length for straight track to make it worth all the trouble.  Of course that isn't like the original Countach but then this wouldn't be an original Countach.
I also like the door into the roof like the GT40.  Combine that with Lambo hinged doors and you really have something.

RT

By-the-way, I'm also a fan of "butterfly doors" where the hinge is at the lower corner of the windshield and at the top/center of the windshield (or close to it).  This gives stability to the door as it swings.  If you use spherical bearings at the hinge points, everything is self-aligning.  Nice.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 07:47:49 PM by RT »
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

aeauto

• Liked: 33
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2014, 07:33:19 PM »
If you look at the car from directly in front or behind you will see that there is a pretty sharp angle from the lower part of the door to the glass area.  This prevents the door glass from coming down very much because the bottom of the glass will hit the inside of the door.