Author Topic: WTB: Countach Replica  (Read 2757 times)

sagra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: WTB: Countach Replica
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 10:08:35 PM »
The current seller said he had a 350 crate put in with 450hp. The prior owner said no way..the HE actually put the crate 350 in and it was just a normal 275hp. The current seller said he had his mechanics put it in (he owns a auto repair business), I talked to his mechanics when he was not in and they said no, they never worked on the car. The prior owner said "you better drive it first" saying that it is not a real tight car. The current seller said it's a REAL Lamborghini body. The prior owner said absolutely not...it's a KIT body and he said that the current seller is lying. I mean the current seller said it is 'flawless and everything works perfectly". He was claiming that he had a buyer who will pay $38K and said i had to match that. Because of his lies I felt couldn't believe anything he said.

Linlor

• Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 09:22:34 PM »
Bob

What was the fellow deceptive about on the car?  if you don't mind saying.  If you do, could you please pm me the info?

Thanks
Don

sagra

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »
Hi Don. Thank you. Yes, I almost bought that car, but I talked to the prior owner (he is STILL named as the owner on the title....from 2 years ago!) and I learned the seller was deceiving me about some major details about the car. He even owes the prior owner money still! Unbelievable people. It really broke my heart at the time. We had talked a few weeks about the deal. I had run myself ragged getting loans and otherwise arranging funds. I had a airline reservation. I cancelled the deal just in time. Really dodged a bullet on that one. Bob

Linlor

• Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 05:58:28 PM »
Bob;

I see a Countach 5000s for sale for a while now in the Detroit area.  http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/4703606296.html

It has been there for a bit and I have tried a few times to get the guy to reply but I haven't had any luck so far.  Maybe you can get him to answer.  A bit closer to you than New Zealand..... :)  In you price range as well.  Has a 350 SBC up against a 5 spd in a Fiero chassis.

Cheers
Don

sagra

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 11:49:57 PM »
Hi Graeme. Thanks for you interest in helping. It would be more than thrilling (daily!) to have that car. That LP500 shape is the only one I REALLY like...and you don't see many replicas like that. I wonder how involved it would be and what it would cost to have the steering switched to the other side. That would be pretty essential for me.
The very most I can pay would be $38,000...AND of course it would receive infinite love and cherishing :-) Do you think he would take $38,000?
But wow, the shipping cost would be through the roof I imagine.
Best regards, Bob

Graeme Stebbing

• Liked: 30
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 11:01:49 PM »
Hi Bob, I'm sure the owner would be open to an offer been up there for over a year I think, with the exchange rate of 78c kiwi to 1 us$ it would not be two bad, I believe its a nicely finished car, the Body and chassis were made here in NZ by Countess Moldings, it is basically a Prova copy out of the UK ,about 75 cars were built most as LHD and sold to Japan, Countess shut down years ago, after the owner had a serious auto accident , but he's fine now.
The body is hand laid and the Chassis was professionally designed by these local guys http://www.saker.co.nz/ ,  and was raced very successfully in NZ by the owner of Countess, you might find one in Japan, they were sold there for over 100k nz
regards
Graeme

sagra

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 10:40:27 PM »
Hi Graeme. Thank you for the information. That looks like a great one. Way out of my price range though. And shipping that to the USA would be expensive also. What body type is on yours and who made that body? Please let me know if you see any other possible cars for me. Thanks again. All the best, Bob

Graeme Stebbing

• Liked: 30
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 10:21:36 PM »
Hi Bob this ones been for sale for a while ,its not mine but I have the same kit, it's in New Zealand, a long way to come, but a well  built body , with space frame chassis.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/lamborghini/auction-778750215.htm
Regards
Graeme

sagra

WTB: Countach Replica
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 08:13:49 AM »
WANTED: Countach Replica with V8 and 5 speed transmission. Any color (although I prefer red). Want a completed car (turn-key) or one very close to finished. Interested in a car with the general body style of the LP400S or LP500S. I like these types because of how the rocker panel area beneath the doors curves in toward the underside of the car. I will also consider cars with the same rocker panel area design as the 5000QV has. The type I am not interested in is the type with the common Countach replica side design shown in the picture with this posting. My budget depends on how finished a car is and the condition (cosmetically and mechanically). Any offers would be most appreciated. I'm ready to buy and can travel anywhere to look at a car. And I'm ready to transport one I purchase. Call Bob 610-370-0817 or email bobnatalini@yahoo.com. Thanks all!